RE450 Range Extender losing connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE450 Range Extender losing connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
80 Reply
Re:RE450 Range Extender losing connection
2020-07-14 15:44:55

Same error for me. I don't believe a global product has an issue like this and the company won't have a solution. Its a disrespect.  

Options
2020-08-26 13:17:20

@ephillipe 

Same problem here.

No apparent solution.

Got this extender as gift brand new.

After 6 min they drop and router (RAX40) also losses WiFi.

Whole system then needs a restart.

It's a shame because they are very fast....

Options
2020-08-30 11:00:30

@inov 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

How long have you had the RE450?

Did the issue start since you bought it?

Were you trying to say, Even the main router RAX40 also lost the internet connection?

When the RE450 lost the connection, would the 2.4Ghz and 5ghz turn off?

Thank you very much!

Options
2021-02-06 15:40:28

@inov Problem solved (well for me at least) many routers are dual band (2.4 and 5 Ghz) if your router has the capability to disable band steering where both bands are named the same and instead name the bands separately. You will then be able to configure the RE450 to connect individually to each of those bands and avoid the internet loss issue. I spent ages trying to figure this out as it looks like a loss of DNS resolution, i.e the machine is still connected to the extended wifi, able to ping servers outside but no response to domain name queries. I can't quite understand how this has fixed the issue but it works. 

Options
2021-02-08 15:41:56

@KittyJuls 

The problem is not solved.

I have a brand new Archer A8 and the Wi-Fi repeater re450 is a few months old.

Once I installed it I've been having the same issues of dropping connections every night and every day.

I have called for a week straight now given this step to do that stuff to do and everything in between.

basically what I've noticed on my end is when I wake up in the morning my Google home devices are not available that are on the Wi-Fi repeater extender re450 and once I go to the TP tether application I noticed that the re450 is not listed it has to be added again.. I have already done this step of renaming the Wi-Fi extender differently I was told to do this actually yesterday. I woke up in the morning and it was already removed again. Tp-link should be ashamed of themselves this has been going on since 2017 and there's dozens upon dozens upon dozens of people saying the same thing. If I knew this was the case I would have never bought it.

I already called this morning again and they're asking me for another stupid step to do. And every time I have to reset my extender I have to add another 20 or 30 devices again to my home which takes a few hoursI have more time involved in this and then with that repeater and the Wi-Fi router is worth.

So you guys better go to the drawing board again and figure something out.

I'm almost in disbelief since 2017 and still not fixed

Options
2021-02-09 14:19:39

TP Link has no accountability. After me realizing the losing connection issue I was told on the phone in confidentiality from a supervisor that they know there's been an ongoing issue with this. He promised me that there would be a replacement, after a week of troubleshooting and calling them day from day I've been looking for the receipt and I couldn't find it. I was told that it would be replaced not to worry. I just got an email saying it wouldn't be replaced. I don't know how they can do these dirty tactics over the phone.

The supervisor has some lame excuse now that he never mentioned once on the phone or anyone else did over the last seven days.

Saying that because the product wasn't registered it cannot be replaced. I don't know how anybody can do this. Especially after seeing all these customers saying exactly the same thing and them still selling this extender to this day.

If I didn't spend so many hours on this I wouldn't mind but having 30 hours of troubleshooting and then me adding and removing all my devices over and over again on Google home it just makes me so furious. This is the supervisors name

Crisfel Cruz

TP-Link Technical Support.

they should have never told me that it would be replaced and they should have made it clear that maybe there was a chance that couldn't be. Especially knowing it's only two months old. Completely disgusting.

Options
2021-02-09 20:26:14

Now I'm being told on the phone they have no idea that this is going on.smh

I find that hard to believe when there is even representatives from tp-link commenting here that they're not aware of it. No accountability

Options
2021-02-09 21:07:28

Can people please respond which country they're from that are having issues with this re450 I'm told on the phone by a supervisor that it's not an English United States thing it's a worldly thing. Which I have no clue what they mean by that it's basically no accountability

Options
2021-02-09 21:19:23

@Bobinh2otown 

Hello Robert.  

We have two communites.  One specific to the US and one Specific for our global community.  This thread is on our Global community.  Just because it was started in 2016 does not mean that issues have existed since then or if the issues from then are the same as now.  also there is a good chance that the concerns listed here might be regionally as products, support and firmware are regionally based.  As i pointed out in my email to you the only known issue with the Range Exender is one with issues concerning Spectrum branded routers, which you have indicated does not apply to you.  If Crisfel did offer a RMA it would still have to adhere to US RMA policies and the product has to be registered on our warranty portal.  If an exception was made to the need for proof of purchase Crisfel just needs to indicate that however the product will still need to be registered.  

Options
2021-02-10 13:46:50

@Carl 

You can tell by the wording and proper English that most people responding to this thread is in the USA...

I was told on the phone by a supervisor that they know there is issues with this product and why I was offerered a exchange.
But since i didnt register the product and cannot find the recept there wont be one now. I said from the very beginning that I couldn't find the recept and called the place where it was bought from they said to me that because its over 30 days go to the company...Now the company says no.. After several days saying they would make a exception.
That is completely wrong ,  I been a TP Customer for years and have had different routers, switches and then extenders from you... NOT ANYMORE..
This says to me no accountability .. And it does not matter this is a world forum I found it by typing in the keywords as most people complaining about the device..
When someone isn't American or in Europe or wherever else you can tell by their grammar... Not here,  I know for a fact lots of comments are from AMERICANS..

You lost a 10 year customer...    bye bye tp link 

Should have never been told on the phone there would be a replacement ,   

Options
Related Articles