RE450 Range Extender losing connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE450 Range Extender losing connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
80 Reply
Re:RE450 Range Extender losing connection
2021-02-10 18:34:37

@Bobinh2otown 

I regret you feel that way.  We further reviewed this situation.  Unfortunetly we have found nothing to substanitate your claims.  There are no notes in the emails, or cases logs that indicate anything was promised, no recordings either.  Instead was stated by my counterpart is that you did not want to proceed with further troubleshooting.  Although that was a requirement he did offer a possible replacement and requested proof of purchase, which as you stated you did not have. He then said it may be possible to make an exception if the serial number is in our warranty system and still shows valid.  Unfortunetly it was not and we are not able to add products to the system to provide warranty that are not able to be validate, either by the serial number or by the proof of purchase.  We record all emails and a good portion of our calls so if you have something that indicates you were promised that counters what our records show I would be happy to review such infromation.  However, if you do not we really can't do much.  Without being able to validate a product is genunine and was sold from an authorized source we are not able to say if said concerns with the product are due to something in the product or the result of modifications from an unauthorzed source.  This thread is not an indicator that a concern exists with in the product rather that back in 2016 a user had an issue with the product and made a thread about it.  Also so you know in 2016 where this thread orginated was on our orginal Community Forum.  Our new Community Both the Global and US based started in 2019.  That is why you may see users on this thread that are in the US region, but again it is not an indicator of any "known" issue.  

Options
2021-02-10 21:26:12 - last edited 2021-02-10 21:39:02

@Carl 

I have the email stating it. And also I've troubleshooted for 7 days and never refused anything spending at least 20 hours doing so.

Why does even the supervisor mention in the email proof of payment if possible because I already told him I couldn't find it. And I was told not to worry that would be replaced no matter what. Why would it even be said. 

That would be worded completely different. Clear as day I've said from the beginning I couldn't find the receipt.

What a good product only three months old and it doesn't work. And no accountability.

and that same supervisor told me on the phone in confidentiality that they know there's an ongoing issue that's why he was going to do the replacement without the receipt. His words not mine. Bring up the recording of this I give you permission to post it. I dare you

You can clearly see the time stamp of February 8th at 3: 24pm.

Provide I am wrong!!!!

You should have never said you heard the recording let's let everyone hear it here!!

Since you listen to the recording let everyone else hear it. If not it just proves TP is lying

Options
2021-02-10 22:27:37

@Bobinh2otown 

Okay I can see where you misunderstood what I stated.  "No Recordings either" by which I meant that we did not have a recording of this call. I and other supervisors can only go off of what we can find, and as was explian peviously we cannot validate your claims that your promised an RMA.  Even if an RMA was stated as the next step, it would still have to adhere to the warranty policy.  And that in where this problem exists.  You are not able to validate the purchase of the product becuase you do not have a proof of purchase.  The serial is not in our system and we are not able to add it without said proof.  This clear in our US warranty policy.  

"TP-Link USA Corp. (“TP-Link USA”) provides a limited warranty on all eligible TP-Link products purchased in the United States. The limited warranty covers failures due to defects in material or workmanship on devices, antennas and accessories*. Packaging, software products and technical data are not covered under the limited warranty. The limited warranty starts from the original data of purchase and is only applicable to the original purchaser of the product. Proof of purchase and a complete product serial number are required to receive any services guaranteed as part of the limited warranty."

It is regretable that this has happened but we are not able to move forward at this time.  If you can provide a proof of purchase we would be happy and willing to review and move forward at that time. 

Options
2021-02-11 17:31:52

@Carl 

I've said right from the very beginning that I couldn't find the receipt but yet why did the supervisor said that you guys would accept a replacement. That was his words not mine. I don't trust your company anymore I'm sending back my brand new routers and I'm putting in the box while they're being sent back and I'll make sure you have your name in there too

Options
2021-02-11 18:02:53

Amazon page after page customers complaining about the same problem 
THESE ARE AMERICANS AND HAVE THE SAME ISSUE.. 

Amazon complaints..

Options
2021-02-11 18:31:45

@Bobinh2otown 

TP-Link is not disputing you are experincing a concern with your product.  What is disputed is that there is a known issue, which at this time there isn't.  But in your situation the issue is that your product cannot be validated.  We will at times make exceptions to the proof of purchase requirment but only if the serial number is in the system and was manufactured within the last 2 years. Yours was not in the system so we can't make such an exception.  My counterpart didn't per mail logs that i can verify gaurantee an RMA.  All i can see is what you arleady posted on this thread.  His request for the serial number and proof of purchase.  That is not a guarantee of RMA but rather the frist step to validate one.  I regret that you do not agree with that but this has been policy for at the very least the last 5 years, and as i said if you can show proof you were garuanteed an RMA regardless of the missing infromation we will honor that but I can only go off what I have in my records and we do not have any such information.  If you do have such information please email it to me. Thank you 

Options
2021-02-11 18:47:26

@Carl 

I've called everyday for 7 days I've never refused anything that the technical support said even though some steps were done over and over again over 20 hours on the phone. The supervisor promised me that exchange replacement because they knew there was an ongoing issue with these Wi-Fi extenders. And you can clearly tell by the email that he already knew about me not having a receipt because he stated it I should have never been promised to replacement that's why I'm upset if from the beginning of that would have been completely fine. That says no accountability for your company's actions a supervisor does not tell the customer don't worry about it it will be replaced even without a receipt. Completely ridiculous Amazon hundreds of people are saying the same thing. Your company is ridiculous

Options
2021-02-17 15:04:50

Well this is how ignorant and ill-informed customer services is.

I've been brainstorming why my Wi-Fi extender stopped working when it's been working for two months with my old router. The brand new router I end up sending back and I end up getting the a9 instead of the A8. I didn't want to do this but I didn't want to have $100 paper weight specially when I've heard that these Wi-Fi extenders can be iffy with different brands. It's been working completely fine now so it was nothing to do with the Wi-Fi extender and everything to do with the Wi-Fi router that was only a week old.

And customer service had no clue, just shows you how they are not informed on issues.

Options
2021-03-29 01:06:06

RE450 v1

I've been having this issue for a while now and tried almost every solution and combinations I've read here and searched for and it's still dropping connection, the wifi bar is full but there's no connection to internet. I'm sorry I know I'm late but does anyone who's had the same issue actually fixed it? If so how?

Fatlum 

Options
2021-04-01 00:32:09

@fattlums 

What I figured out after researching and looking at different compatibility lists the router I was using is not completely compatible with the re450 even though it's a tp-link. I pointed this out and since then they pulled the compatibility list so I cannot prove it. But what I did is I sent my brand new router back and bought a different model and it's working completely fine now. It was nothing to do with the re extender it had everything to do with the router. And tp-link still won't admit to this. it's completely disgusting that I had to figure out the problem and they couldn't..

I had a tp-link Archer 1800. I will say it's not compatible with the re450. I sent my back because it was in just a week or two and I end up buying the Archer 1900 and since then it has only dropped the connection once and that's from a restart of the router because of problems I was having with Google home. I forgot to restart the extender so there wouldn't have been any issue. That's the thing with routers you need to restart them every week or so it's something I've been doing for years especially if you have a whole home full of connections. Two routers Wi-Fi extender 2x TP switches Google Assistants Samsung SmartThings, a bunch of Wi-Fi switches Wi-Fi thermostat a bunch of cameras security system and then also three Shields and I imagine I'm forgetting a thing or two here and there. So with all them connections it's wise and smart to reset the router every week. when I reset the router I forgot to reset the extender so it dropped it after a day once I reset the extender and didn't do it again. They get locked on to the IP addresses and when you reset them it has a hard time discriminating from the old the new and it can drop its connection. Wi-Fi routing.

After a week and a half of customer service they kept on with the extender issues. They didn't even think of the router issues. And this is something they should have known because it was on a list..I didn't write the list TP Link did so there must have been some issue somewhere..

Options
Related Articles