RE450 Range Extender losing connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE450 Range Extender losing connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
80 Reply
Re:RE450 Range Extender losing connection
2021-04-01 13:38:26 - last edited 2021-08-04 06:17:42

@fattlums Hello, 

For everyone who met similar or same problem, we recommend you to open a new thread to describe the issue on your range extender as this thread is pretty old now . Thanks ~

May I know the hardware  firmware version and hardware version of your range extender, for example RE450 EU V2 Build200914

How to find the hardware and firmware version of my TP-Link device?

How about the LED Status on range extender when the extender lose Internet connection?  If possible, please post the Model number of your router as well, thanks. 

Options
2021-04-01 15:14:35 - last edited 2021-04-01 15:14:56

@Solla-topee 

Customer service at tplink is worthless. As I said I had to figure out the issue on my own and problem solve it even your customer service higher tier support Representatives had no clue or idea.

Options
2021-04-11 21:44:15

@Solla-topee 

Even I am facing the same disconnection issue with My TP-RE450. It disconnects every now and then and needs to be restarted to work again.

Firmware Version:- 1.0.2 Build 20201203 Rel.80349

Hardware version Re450 V3.0

Options
2021-04-12 13:05:35

@ArunT 

You can go to Amazon read the reviews, lots of customers are talking about the same thing. It's all over this forum to and many other forums. Blatantly they told me had nothing to do with the American version. You can even read it in here saying this is our world forum and other people are having problems. There is no accountability. PP is worthless. I'm not having issues anymore because I figured it out. Some of their routers are not compatible with the extender. Even the list I found and show them they removed. That says to me they know the truth. What work for me and is still working because my router was brand new I was able to send it back and I end up getting the next model up tp-link AC 1900. I've only had one disconnect in about a month and a half or two months and it was my fault as I said I have so many devices it's recommended to restart the router every few weeks and when I did that I didn't restart the extender and it was locked onto the old IP. Easy fix was just resetting. I wouldn't listen to one word the customer service says on here. I called every day for weeks and they made me do the same steps over and over and over again and finally at the end they told me they exhausted all options and there was nothing else I could do and they work on that helped me any longer. They promised me a brand-new extender because they thought that was the issue a day later they said no. I've said from the beginning I didn't have the receipt for the extender I couldn't find it they told me it didn't matter and at the end it did. Thank goodness I still have the receipt for the brand new router looking for the receipt for the extender. So I just sent it back and got the next model after reading the list of compatibility issues. Extremely deceiving customer service. The only reason I'm still here is trying to let others know exactly what happened and not to put Trust in tp-link. Everytime I get an advertisement on Facebook I always tell my experience and forewarn new customers.

Options
2021-07-22 18:33:03
The definitive solution I had to fix this problem is to install an unofficial openWRT firmware type.. Only then does the problem stop for good on the RE450 model
Options
2021-07-23 17:58:07

@Andrsouzaaa 

The definitive solution I had to fix this problem is to install an unofficial openWRT firmware type.. Only then does the problem stop for good on the RE450 model

Could you describe step by step how to do that?

BR

Options
Re:RE450 Range Extender losing connection-Solution
2021-08-11 23:04:55 - last edited 2021-08-12 03:30:58

@buksvdl RESOLVED: Was having this same problem on 08-11-2021. Solution was to only use a single channel from the RE450 to the internet router. I turned off 2.4 GHz, and used only 5 GHz to the internet router. The connection was stable, and the System Logs showed no errors.

Updating the firmware to the 2020 release didn't help fix the problem.

Louise.Y11 first suggested this here:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/205906

Thanks Louise!

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-08-26 04:56:28

karraso wrote

@Andrsouzaaa 

Could you describe step by step how to do that?

BR

@karraso there is no specific rule, you go to the openWRT website and download the specific firmware for your model and do the normal update over the cable, do not ever update over the wireless network, even if you don't like it, they have a firmware that allows you to go back to the official version of TP link there again with the cable and not by Wi-Fi you go back to the original version if you don't like the custom of openWRT

Options
2021-09-03 00:15:46

@Jonathan_E 

hey there. So I am just another customer with the same issues as described over and over again in this thread. However the solution you provided did also nothing for me. It works perfectly for some days and then it just goes out. Don't know what ele se to do also. 
I live in Portugal so my equipment would be an European version of it (RE455)

Options
Re:RE450 Range Extender losing connection-Solution
2022-05-17 07:44:59 - last edited 2022-05-17 07:45:39

Hello everyone, 

If you experience some unstable issue with your  Range Extender, here are some good tips to give it a try. 

[Troubleshooting] Range Extender Keeps Losing Connection

If the issue persists despite the above steps, please Start a New Thread for your range extender with case details (troubleshooting steps you've tried) and we'd love to look into that further: 

1. Led status on RE when issue happens

2. Try to log in range extender web page when issue occurs and share a photo of Status page
3. How often does RE lose Internet and how to recover, like reboot RE or reboot router?
4. Brand and model of router &  Network topology, e.g.  Router AX1500 <wireless> RE450
5. Firmware and hardware version of RE:  How to find the hardware and firmware version of my TP-Link device?
6. For dual-band extender, verify if the problem is with 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz or both.
7. When did you buy the extender and how long has it been working fine with the same router?

8. Does the issue particularly happen during in certain/ large-traffic network activities , like P2P download, streaming. Gaming

Thank you!

More Articles: 

[Configuration Guide]  TP-Link Range Extender Setup (Range Extender Mode)

[Troubleshooting] Has connected to TP-Link extender but no internet, what can I do?

[Troubleshooting]   What should I do if Internet speed becomes slow via Range Extender?

[Troubleshooting]   Unable to Connect to WiFi Extender or Saying Incorrect Password

Recommended Solution
Options
Related Articles