Probable design flaw in this power bank

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-19 04:25:57
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Connected a small usb fan (which barely draws 500ma) to the power bank. The fan did not work. The bank possibly developed some kind of a short inside. Without any load connected, the bank stayed hot for 8 hours till the batteries discharged. They sent me a new one today. Same problem .... The fan works perfectly ok with different phone chargers. All the chargers run cool. I had to break open the power bank in order to prevent something nasty happening. The fan has a pcb at the back with some transistors and other electronic components. I see no reason why the power bank would even see it as a short .... I am disappointed with this power bank.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Probable design flaw in this power bank
2018-06-19 17:11:50
m .. but I'm fine ...
m .. but I'm fine ...
Options
Re:Probable design flaw in this power bank
2018-08-16 01:52:42
There is certainly a design flaw. The fan that I connected is a branded brushless motor USB fan. Since then, I have with me 7 different power banks. The same fan works with all.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 700

Replies: 2