Connecting my ps4 to range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connecting my ps4 to range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:Connecting my ps4 to range extender
2020-08-18 13:34:24

@Solla-topee Well I spoke a little to soon.  The problem with the connection cycling persists.  After I shut it down for a bit and restart, I have to go through the cycling again, until it gets a stable connection.

I will have to search the internet and try to figure out how to reserve the IP.  If I figure it out, I will post my results.

Options
2020-09-11 01:23:30

@Solla-topee hello I am trying to connect my extender to my ps4 but every time I try to it asks me for a proxy and it doesn't let me connect I don't know what that means the extender I use is the re220 I really need help please

Options
Re:Connecting my ps4 to range extender-Solution
2020-09-11 02:06:41 - last edited 2020-09-11 02:06:52

@TheGeddy19 

Good day.

As for the proxy mode, you could have a look at this link:

In Proxy Mode, Range Extender will replace each of its clients’ MAC address with a virtual MAC address generated automatically by Range Extender. Thus the router will take the virtual MAC address of the clients as their real MAC address, so that we need type the virtual MAC addresses of these clients in the MAC Filtering of the router instead of their real MAC addresses.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2019/

Since the proxy mode could not be disabled, could you please send me a picture when PS asked for proxy mode so that  I could have a check with the senior engineers to see if there is any work around?

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-02-04 10:40:00
hi i am having the same problem as the others, as I cannot connect my PS4 to the wifi extender but all the other devices are able to connect. Could you walk me through the steps on how to fix this. I have a normal base ps4 and my extender model is RE200. I use a wireless coneection as I do not have an ethernet cable. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Options
2021-02-05 21:37:55

Hi,

I received my new AC1750 today, V3. I am getting the same issue with the PS4 not connecting to the extender. I have absolutely no problems with an NVidia Shield, laptop and Google Home speaker connecting to the extender in the same room. It's only the PS4 that cannot connect and gives an error every time. I have also tried updating to the latest V3 firmware, V1.0.2 but that hasn't resolved the issue. I may have to send this back and get another extender if I can't get this working in the next few days.

Options
2021-02-05 23:10:13

@TheRealOne If you got it to use with your PS4, unfortunately, I would recommend a different one or a power line adapter.  I was never able to get it to work correctly so I invested in a power line adapter.  They are not too expensive, and actually are probably better for usage with a PS4 than WiFi.  The extender works great with all my other devices, but for some reason a PS4 and it don't work together.

Options