HS100 Questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS100 Questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HS100 Questions
HS100 Questions
2016-09-16 15:42:28
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey there,
I have a few questions regarding the above mentioned smart plug for those who already used this device.

1. Can I connect directly the smart plug without using a wi-fi router? (let's suppose that I am not interested in remote connection using the internet).
2. If the power is off caused by a local provider system fault, the smart plug will keep the scheduler? In other words, like a regular programmer plug, HS100 have a battery/rechargeable battery inside to keep these settings?
3. Let's suppose that I am interested to use the Kasa App not so often, the consumers being switched on/off following the implemented hours scheduler. Is there any possibility to use the smart plug switching the wi-fi off after the scheduler was implemented, running independently?

I appreciate it your feed-back.
Thanks,
Options
3 Reply
Re:HS100 Questions
2016-09-25 22:01:49
Please use the link http://www.tp-link.us/faq-946.html to find answer for your questions.
Options
2016-10-04 11:12:54
Kasa: I am just a user of the smart plugs, but I will try and answer your questions.
1. You can connect directly to the Smartplug, but only to provide it with the network information. I believe it much be on a WiFi network to actually be controlled. There are remote controlled switches that do not require WiFi available.
2. My belief is that the Kasa app handles the timer function; when the timer is up, the app sends the control signal to the smartplug. if, say, the smartplug had power but no network connection, it would not turn on or off.
3. If I understand your question, you could set the smartplug to turn the WiFi off. However, with no WiFi, you could not command the smartplug to turn back on; you would have to push the button on the smartplug manually.
Options
2016-10-12 09:57:21
To answer your questions.

1. WIFi is required to configure the device and/or control it remotely via a smart phone.
2. The smart plug retains its schedule after a power outage.
3. Once the switch is configured with a schedule, I'm sure you could transport it anywhere and have it turn on/off according to the schedule you configured earlier. Without Wi-Fi my guess is that its internal clock would diverge from current time.

One option if you have hotspot capability on your cell phone, is to setup a hotspot on your cell, attach the smart switch to it and that way you can reconfigure by visiting the switches location and turning on the hotspot.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 794

Replies: 3

Related Articles