Archer C7, USB related. Devices seen in config, but Windows 10 won't access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-10-02 03:17:21
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

New to forum. I purchased an Archer C7 last night, and I'm having usb issues. I've read through the 9 pages of the following thread.

http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?80528-Archer-C7-(v2)-Not-Seeing-Seagate-5TB-USB-Drive

I'm running what I believe to a v2 edition with the latest firmware.

As firmware seemed to resolve things for a number of people in the sticky thread, I'm thinking this is not my issue.

I've connected two devices that I know work when they're plugged directly into a PC/laptop.

It detects both, is accurately reading written and available space, and both are set to active.

For clarification, at this point I should be able to access the devices through Explorer and/or using Run and keying in \\192.168.0.1\volume# correct? Or, do I have to set up permissions in the Folder Sharing app?

Current, neither device appears in Explorer within the Network section (like it did with my old router). When I attempt to access either volume using Run I get the following error:

or

I'm currently running Windows 10 with the Anniversary Update (service pack) installed. Thanks for any assistance that resolves this.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 384

Replies: 0