TL-WDR4300 DUAL BAND N750 DELETING all my HDD files!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-11-08 22:20:15
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi everyone, my name is Nilo, that's the first thread I made here, I'm from Brazil, so my english is not that good, and need some support, regarding my Router TP-LINK model:TL-WDR4300 DUAL BAND N750.

It happens that recently I'm having some strange issues with the storage sharing function available in this router. I bought this router about 7 months ago, it is updated with the last firmware and everything has always worked fine... until now.

I have 2 different external HDD's attached in it, sharing all its content with different devices in my house... most using to share media to devices that support Kodi, to run video and music. Also, I make use of ES File Explorer PRO, for manage my files, through FTP.

The case is that, last week, when I was watching some of my videos, suddenly some of them started showing in my library that the file wasn't more available, suggesting it was DELETED from my HDD. I immediately turn off my router, and detached my HDD's... and when I check them out on my notebook... one HDD was completly FORMATTED, and the other... with just a couple of files left, almost fully deleted too.

The first thing that came in my mind, was that some hacker manage to access my router, via internet, once the "internet sharing" function was enabled.

Well.. I lost almost 2Tb of data... and that frustrated me a lot, but I manage to restore some files. So I decided to disable the internet sharing function and delete my dynamic DNS to prevent any chance of access, outside the local network.

The next step, was changing all passwords and creating two level of FTP accesses:

- One ADMIN, with read and write privileges, to use it with ES File Explorer
- And one second user with only read privilege, to use with KODI.

And guess what... even then one of my HDD's had all their data lost once again. One was completely formatted, and the other was left intact, maybe because I turn out the router faster than the first time it happend.

So the question is... how can I discover the cause of this?

Looking in the router's setup, I found a "system log" option. If the error occur for the third time, and I immediately save the log information, someone here can take a look and explain to me from where this issue comes from?

I would appreciate a lot. Thanks for reading my post until here. :)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 386

Replies: 0

Related Articles