Firmwareupdate for TP-PL8030P

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Firmwareupdate for TP-PL8030P

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
163 Reply
Re:Firmwareupdate for TP-PL8030P
2018-07-19 00:48:35
Hi,

damn it, i realized that too on the second look :/. So no new Firmware for the V2 at the Moment.

Do you mean, i should constantly ping my main Router on my PC and see if the connection still drop?
I could try but that should be a acceptable workaround, to be honest.
Yes, the Firmware ist the latest from the official Website.

Yesterday, i bought a new Third Party Router (also from TP-Link) and i'm waiting for the ship.
Reason:
1. I don't like the original Router from my Provider (Telekom in Germany). Not much customizable Options.
2. I found some Report about Power LAN where some Guy mentioned, the internal Firewall of his Router was the source for his connection drops.

My current Router does not allow me to deactivate the internal Firewall. Maybe i'm lucky the new Router will bring some Help. I will report as soon as i have tested it.

greetz
Options
2018-07-19 14:38:07
PLC Connection drops are nothing to do with anything the attached devices do.

PLC units are supposed to go to standby whenever none of their local LAN ports have a connection. They should never go on standby when there is no activity on the local LAN ports. But even on standby, they are not totally gone from the PLC network.

schmoggi, since you're in Germany and on Telekom network, your best bet really is to go with devolo AV1200 PLC gear and maybe an AVM Fritz!Box router in place of that Telekom Speedport thing. devolo's PLCs are the only ones guaranteed to work correctly with Telekom's EntertainTV service ... reliable connection and properly working Multicast are key here.
Options
2018-07-19 15:34:41
Hi,

to be clear:
My PowerLine Adapters are not on standby when the connection drops. Furthermore, i have disabled the Powersaving Function on all Devices.
The Connection Drop is recognizable on my PC's with a yellow exclamation mark on the network symbol and the DNS Error i mentioned above.

But interesting to read, the devolo Adapters are recommended for Telekom Networks. I'll wait for the new Router and i will observe what happens.
If the Connection Drops are still present, i will buy some devolo 1200 Adapters and check if the Connection is better.

greetz
Options
2018-07-19 19:57:35
I've been through all this. First I swapped the 8030P V1 for 8030P V2, which made things better but not good - I still had one or two connection losses per day on the upstairs office PC. Also, TP-Link weren't able to consistently keep Multicast support working through all the release and beta firmwares I received.

When I decided I was done with all that mess, I experimentally used an AVM 1000E (an AV1200 device despite the name) and had zero faults for weeks. Needing at least two LAN jacks, I have settled with devolo "1200+ triple" devices, after briefly considering the AVM 1220E.

Internet router feed is from a devolo 1200 DINrail right in the main basement fusebox, and it has been all the way through. One observation on stability was that the TP-Link devices consistently reported a higher physical line speed than the others in the same spot - they seem to be configured to be more aggressive on line speed, at the expense of line stability. Where the TP-Link 8030P V2 had settled for slightly less than 400 Mbit/s, the devolo goes for around 300. Actual payload throughput is better on the devolos, mind.
Options
2018-07-19 21:31:06

xer0w wrote

NOLAN I finally managed to get around to trying this, but unfortunately I seem to have bricked my PLC. I connected directly to one of the Ethernet ports (it has three and they are not numbered), and I used the utility from the zip archive. It started flashing but then said "failed", and I've not been able to connect to the TL-WPA8730 since, I have tried to reset using the reset button a number of times, but it wont pair and doesn't even light the Ethernet LED status when I plug a cable in (to any port), it does enable the default wi-fi and I can connect to it, but cant then get to the admin portal at http://tplinkplc.net. Luckily I have a spare which I've now setup, but I don't want to attempt to flash this one as I'm afraid it will brick it too. Do you know if there is anything I can do to bring the bricked one back to life? (btw I accept and understand that there's always a risk of this happening when playing around with unofficial FW updates, and as I have a spare I'm more than happy to try again assuming I can revive the dead one)
To restore the device dowload the archive on post 9 and read the HOW-TO recovery part. You need to chage the MAC address within the stock PIB and upload the file with the old PowerLine application attached on PORT1.
Options
2018-07-24 00:42:50
I can confirm, i have no connection drops since i replaced my Speedport Router (Telekom, Germany) with the new TP-Link (Archer VR600v) Router. At least for now.
For testing purpose, i did not deactivate the internal Firewall on the Archer. I will report if anything changes or if there are no conncetion drops in the next days.

greetz
Options
2018-07-29 08:27:42
Hello,

I just wanted to report, there are no more connection drops since i replaced my Router (Speedport Router from Provider Telekom, Germany) with a new one, in this case a TP-Link Archer VR600v
Maybe this helps some Uses (specially german ones) who have the same Problems i had with similar Configuration. It seems, TP-Link Powerline Products are not fully compatible with Hardware from Telekom.
Could be, Products from Devolo (like mentioned by Peter M) are a better choice if you want to use Telekom provided Hardware.

greetz
Options
2018-08-04 02:40:36
New firmware for 8030p v1(uk), it report as 2.6.0.22
I download from here: https://www.tp-link.com/uk/download/TL-PA8030P-KIT_V1.html#Firmware
Options
2018-08-13 18:03:32
Wow, that's a positive surprise ... can we have any feedback from TP-Link whether this will appear for (EU) models as well? Will the V2 hardware get an update too?
Options
2018-08-14 08:13:10
Can someone please post the latest firmware for US version 1 of the 8010P? The previous google links no longer work.

I'm trying to use 2 TP 8010P devices to transmit data from my hdhomerun box to my router and the default version listed on the US website doesn't work. The device light goes from green to yellow to red and the device drops offline, only to go back to green and start the process again.
Options