Firmware upgrade Archer C9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-21 16:08:18
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am wanting to upgrade the firmware on my Archer C9 router to see if it solves some of the stability issues I have been experiencing with it. I am in New Zealand so would be in the Asia Pacific Region. However, New Zealand isn't listed in the countries on the TP-LInk list for that region. I am thinking I would download from TP Link Australia as New Zealand is close to Australia, and head offices for corporations often service New Zealand from Australia. However, I can't be sure this is the case here. I have tried to post this question directly to TP-Link, but for some region, the message keeps getting rejected.

I would like to confirm I am doing the right thing as I don't want to brick the router.

The firmware build on the router is 4.0.0 Build 20160315 Rel. 34536.

The latest upgrade showing at TP Link Australia, is Archer c9(UN)_V2_160517. Is someone able to advise if this is the correct upgrade please.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Firmware upgrade Archer C9
2016-12-21 19:13:34
Hi,

As for Archer C9 V2 only, tplink doesn't make any limitations on the firmware upgrade.
Please update to the latest version Archer c9(UN)_V2_160517 directly according to the installation guide.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 748

Replies: 1

Related Articles