TP-Link Camera Control (for Windows) Feature Request

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-05 13:53:55
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I am recently using a TP-Link NC450. I would like to perform security recording in a centralized manner. It seems like the Camera Control program for Windows is the only method to do so. However, the program is overly simple and lacking many important features. Two of the features I would like to request for are critical to manage disk space consumption (of recorded videos) and to ease searching for an event:

1) Set disk usage quota - I don't want the program to use my entire 2TB drive to do recording, and uncertain what would happen once the space runs out. It would be nice if I can limit the recording space used to 500-1000GB, knowing the oldest recording will be deleted to make way for new recording.

2) Record based on motion detection - I don't want the program to be recording nothing happening 24/7 and filling up my limited disk space. It would be good if the program can record only when events are detected. It would also ease searching for an event when reviewing the records.

There are more feature suggestions, but I think those can come later. These 2 are the most critical to making the NC450 much more usable as a security surveillance camera. Otherwise, it's just a toy camera for me to view from mobile phone, and limited SD card space to capture short sequence of events.

Thank you very much.
Options
7 Reply
Re:TP-Link Camera Control (for Windows) Feature Request
2017-01-05 14:27:03
SD card do store the recorded video based on motion detection if you do the settings in tpCamera App.
In view of professional monitor demands, NVR/DVR devices and cameras that support onvif protocol will be fine, but it not really necessary for home monitoring.
Options
2017-01-06 08:56:24
Thanks for the input t_t. I'm hoping TP-Link can provide a wholesome solution (well, OK because I came from being a mydlink user with camera and NVR) so that I don't have to muck around. The microSD storage is not centralized / protected. If someone breaks into the house, there's a high chance they will vandalize the camera.
Options
2017-01-06 09:10:07
By the way, ONVIF website doesn't list any TP-Link products at all? :confused:

http://www.onvif.org/ConformantProducts/ProfileProducts.aspx
Options
2017-01-07 14:42:27
Okay guys, I'm afraid to admit that I've given up on NC450. Just too many software features lacking, going back to more established solutions that are also officially supported by NAS solutions like Synology or Asustor.

:(
Options
2018-08-23 00:15:35
I have same problem
Options
2018-08-27 08:51:29
Keep in mind that the camera was designed for residential use and for that reason it lacks many options of cameras dedicated 100% to security systems where the DVR is responsible for storing and managing the video.Hopefully, over time we will seek greater integration and avoid these problems.

Regards
:cool:
Options
2018-09-17 22:33:32
These features are really enthusiastic with this upcoming technology peoples will take great benefits from this
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1160

Replies: 7