Email and Kasa woes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Email and Kasa woes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Email and Kasa woes
Email and Kasa woes
2017-01-15 07:19:18
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Username kinda sums things up.

After being out of stock for goodness knows how long, I finally got hold of six HS100 smart plugs this morning. I dutifully downloaded Kasa for iOS and tried to create a new account with the email address smart@somechurch.church, only for Kasa to say that's not a valid address. It is (replacing somechurch with the name of my church).

So, I went to www.tplinkcloud.com to register there and it worked without any problem. It sent me the verification email and verified without problem. Back to Kasa to try and log in with my nice new account and Kasa says that's not a valid email address.

Contact live chat. There's no solution to my problem except using a gmail or yahoo or similar address. I'd rather stick hot needles in my eyes than do that so live chat suggested that I return the plugs to the vendor (Amazon). When I asked about escalation or next level support I was told that's not possible until next week.

I've tried some of my other email domains and Kasa won't accept email addresses in the gTLDs .expert, .network, .garden, .direct or .recipe (maybe others but those are all I'm using at present) but all of them are accepted happily on tplinkcloud.com

I've tried emailing support but no matter what I put in the 'email support' form, it just comes up with "SUBMITTED FAILED" at the end of the process.

Is sending them back to Amazon and going with Belkin really the solution?

Cheers,
Bill
Options
1 Reply
Re:Email and Kasa woes
2017-01-31 01:04:24
I cant get verified either and I am using a Gmail account. I have emailed support about this and will see what they have to say
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 541

Replies: 1