TP-PA8030P Kit(UK) Random Disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-PA8030P Kit(UK) Random Disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
60 Reply
Re:TP-PA8030P Kit(UK) Random Disconnects
2017-06-23 15:48:54
I see no more disconnects on V1 with the beta firmware. It's been almost a week, zero disconnects, Wake-on-LAN problem also gone. The V2 has only run three days so far, also zero connection losses. Note that both versions have powersave mode enabled and working.

Yes indeed, TP-Link UK support have sent me this beta firmware (very recent, built on Qualcomm release 2.2.3), and they are a pleasure to work with.
Options
2017-06-24 18:03:10
Not here unfortunately!

Why tell me there isnt a beta firmware when clearly there is!
Why get me to do all that testing?!
I was told they were working on a beta firmware, and yet they didnt send it to me to try out when it was ready, and claimed there was no new firmware!
They have sent it to me now, but only when I complained and linked this thread demanding why they are lying to me when clearly there is a new beta firmware.

After all this time their reply was we can replace them or you can apply for refund from retailer.
Well I've had these for a while now, even had them replaced by retailer once, so I doubt they would refund them!
Options
2017-06-25 01:59:16
Update on my testing: The V2 adapters with the test firmware I got really work best. Physical line speed is noticeably lower than on the V1 adapters, but stability is perfect and IGMP/MLD snoop is working properly. The V1 beta firmware breaks this feature, multicast traffic directed to one LAN port also streaming out the other two.

So since we are extensively using IPTV in my house, I have now deployed the V2 adapters, and await TP-Link's feedback to my reports on V1. I have a couple of weeks left for more trials with the V1 before I'll ultimately have to return them to Amazon.
Options
2017-06-29 21:02:52
Cheeky buggers!

So since you have said the V2 looks to be more stable, I've asked them to replace my V1 with V2

They reply saying OK, but there might be a price difference and I'd have to pay for that.

Hell no! This is their problem, it's their fault, it's a manufacturing fault and hence THEY should fix it at THEIR cost, NOT MINE!
Options
2017-06-29 23:02:16
At least the V2 adapters come with a new chip (Qualcomm 7550), latest firmware, and multicast routing properly enabled. In a couple of weeks at the very latest, I'll return my V1 kit and keep the V2 that Amazon sent me as a replacement - at no charge, with free shipping, with a free-return-shipping sticker, no discussions whatsoever.

Besides, if anything, the kit has become cheaper over time since you and I bought it, not more expensive.
Options
2017-07-02 06:12:45
Hi Peter, would there's be any chance you'd be able to send me the beta firmware you have? I've been in touch with customer services myself in recent days, as i'm finding my V2 plugs randomly disconnect, daily, for about 2-8 seconds and then reconnect, but TP Link advised they haven't got any newer beta firmware.... very annoying. Other than that annoyance, the plugs work great. If you could help, or send a link, I'd be very grateful!
Options
2017-07-02 06:18:24
Hi guys, can anyone send me the V2 beta firmware? I've been in touch with TP-link and they've advised they don't have such beta firmware....
Options
2017-07-02 06:34:51
Hi guys, can anyone send me the beta V2 firmware? I've been in touch with TP-Link and the team advised they don't have such beta firmware, despite Peter's encouraging details and various temporary on Amazon too from other users. I'm finding my plugs randomly lose connectivity, daily for 5-8 seconds - not a huge issue, more of an annoyance. And we're using them for IPTV. Other than that, they work great, but I'd be keen to see if the elusive beta firmware resolve...
Options
2017-07-02 18:49:46
onlinesupport.uk@tp-link.com is where I got mine from, talking to a Leswin there. Haven't heard back from him for a week now though.
Options
2017-07-04 03:08:09
Hi Peter, can you please upload the beta v1 firmware for us? Cheers
It's All Good!!! ;)
Options