Outside excees for nas behind router behind public modem.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-13 02:59:06
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

hello,

this might be a complex or a simple question.
i live in a dorm like situation. meaning i have access to a modem/router that delivers internet that i and others can make use of, but am the primairy user.
i would like to know (in more or less detail) which method to use to be able to give external excess to a nas which is connected to my TL-wn1043nd router, the router is on its turn connected to the modem via wan port.
the modem is a public modem but i have physical and digital access to it. just can't just make just any alteration to it, i need to maintain the public wifi as it is now.
i have seen that the modem is (standard) in bridge mode. just do know what kind of bridge it is and what it bridges. during my attempts to google the subject i found that there are many of types of bridges possible.

on the other side i want to keep my network seperate from the modems network in a way that i do not want the people who are connected to the modem's wifi to access my personal network.
when trying to configure my nas it attempted to auto-configure my router (ez-router) but couldn't establish the connection as the nas'es outside ip did not match the routers outside ip ??

on request i can lookup and give you any setting requested (exceppt passwords ofcourse ;) ) to help to get this established.

any help on the topic it highly appreciated. even if it is just a nudge in the right direction so i can start googling with direction.
With this nudge i mean ofcourse more then just that i need to bridge or portforward, i am this far.

Kind greatings matt
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 363

Replies: 0