NC250 Motion detection to then switch on lights... can it be done??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-28 03:25:05
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

As titleI have just bought a few of the tp link smart home items and what I really want is for the camera when it detects motion for it to switch on my new smart bulb. Is this possible. I can only see for it to send an email and no ifttt support limits it I suppose??Thanks in advance.
Options
1 Reply
Re:NC250 Motion detection to then switch on lights... can it be done??
2017-03-08 04:21:30
Seems like you need a "Spotcam" and a dlink smart plug which is fully supported over at IFTTT. Alternatively you can forward the motion detection email to:" trigger(at)applet.ifttt.com" with a hashtag in front of the subject and the trigger will fire your smart bulbs if chosen.

Just purchased the NC250 myself and i think it´s dissapointing that it needs a smart plug to turn it on and off remotely, as i don´t want it to be filming 24/7 but only when we´re not at home. Also i think the "Smart home" idea disappears if i have to turn the power switch on and off manually...

mlw83 wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

As titleI have just bought a few of the tp link smart home items and what I really want is for the camera when it detects motion for it to switch on my new smart bulb. Is this possible. I can only see for it to send an email and no ifttt support limits it I suppose??Thanks in advance.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 276

Replies: 1