HS100 Led Strip Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS100 Led Strip Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HS100 Led Strip Problem
HS100 Led Strip Problem
2017-03-17 13:36:30
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello i got smart plug hs100 , connected it to kasa app and amazon echo dot easy , pluged in my china led strip ( that one cheap with remote control ) when i say alexa turn on led (named it led in kasa app) i hear click from smart plug my led light flashes/blinks for a second (not turning on :/ ) alexa says OKey , so im turning on my leds with remote control then ask alexa to turn off LED all works fine (Click sound,alexa says ok, my leds turned off)

So i dont understand why this led strip doesnt turn on by voice command (turns off fine) or this plug dont work with cheap led strip (saw many on youtube that it should work with cheap leds)

Renaming didnt solved my problem, reinstall ,reconnect,reboot didnt helped too. Any ideas how to fix that ?

EDITED : btw im using it on power strip
Options
3 Reply
Re:HS100 Led Strip Problem
2017-03-17 22:43:07
What happens if you just plug the LEDs in to a powered outlet? I'm guessing applying power doesn't turn the LEDs on. The plug is working normally, but you need an LED strip with a "Hard" power switch, not a remote. There are strips that just plug into a USB type charger, you might try one of those.
Options
2017-03-19 14:51:32
Tested with my TV same story it turns it from no power to red led on tv nothing more ... only thing i manage to works is my desk lamp thats a shame for that price
Options
2017-03-21 00:10:43
The Smartplug is working normally. It CANNOT turn on devices that have a 'soft' power switch. If you plug the device in to the wall and it does not turn on (with the power switch on), the Smartplug will not be able to turn it on, only off. Devices with remotes are always "on", they are waiting for the remote or 'soft' power button command them to wake up. Applying power only puts them in the "Standby" mode. Removing the power obviously will turn them off, however.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1299

Replies: 3