TD-W9977 - PPPoE Pass-Through

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-23 03:01:27
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

Will the TD-W9977 have pppoe pass-through functionality added to it or is it already supported?

I have a PPPoE setup on my TD-W9977 to my ISP for remote management of my router.

I then also need to setup another PPPoE from my firewall on the internal LAN to pass-through my router to connect to my ISP. (which is currently not possible or not configured correctly based on the above answer)

I have installed the latest firmware but can't seem to find this option or functionality.

Can someone assist or advise.

Thanks.
Options
2 Reply
Re:TD-W9977 - PPPoE Pass-Through
2017-03-23 14:22:13
This should need a function called "disabled NAT" to allow the second pppoe connection in LAN side. I am not sure whether 9977 support this function or not, please consult this problem to the support team of TP-Link, I think they will answer you this problem.
Options
Re:TD-W9977 - PPPoE Pass-Through
2017-03-24 20:36:50
I managed to resolve this by setting up both a PPPoE and a bridged connection on the Advanced Network-Internet setting on the WAN interface. The PPPoE connected the router directly to the internet and the bridged connection allows for a pass-through PPPoE connection from the firewall.

Thank you for the feed back.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2630

Replies: 2

Related Articles