Deco less stable withe latest firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco less stable withe latest firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
28 Reply
Re:Deco less stable withe latest firmware
2017-07-31 07:33:31
Latest android update is worse than the last one?!?!? Now it just hangs on a white screen. It sometimes sees all the Deco's and sometimes does not. And that was AFTER a removal and reinstall. Terrible!!!
Options
2017-08-03 00:26:42
As others have mentioned I have frequent dropping of wifi connection to wifi devices. Once dropped, I have to manually reconnect the device.

Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20170725 Rei. 55542 Hardware Version: 1.0

Not happy.
Options
2017-08-04 22:31:48

Eric D wrote

As others have mentioned I have frequent dropping of wifi connection to wifi devices. Once dropped, I have to manually reconnect the device.

Not happy.

App continues to crash and I have sent several crash reports. Tech Support / Dev Team could care less....
Options
2017-08-06 07:57:23

rebirth24 wrote

App continues to crash and I have sent several crash reports. Tech Support / Dev Team could care less....

I wouldn't go that far. I believe they care and I bet they are working on it. I can appreciate the difficulty in finding the proper fix that doesn't mess something else up. I have tested and worked with a number of routers over the years and the Deco M5, even with the current issue is one of the best units out there. I know it is hard, but I bet with a little patience they will correct the issue.
Options
2017-08-07 07:21:38

Eric D wrote

I wouldn't go that far. I believe they care and I bet they are working on it. I can appreciate the difficulty in finding the proper fix that doesn't mess something else up. I have tested and worked with a number of routers over the years and the Deco M5, even with the current issue is one of the best units out there. I know it is hard, but I bet with a little patience they will correct the issue.

I work at a wireless RnD company... A large one... This product has been out for long enough and they have had enough information provided to them (especially from an Android App stance) to fix the issues. Instead the app is now WORSE than it was before. Patience is one thing, but at this price point come on....
Options
2017-08-07 09:48:45
The latest update fixed my unstable issue. Maybe you can try default factory your phone.
Options
2017-08-07 16:07:06

uutommi wrote

The latest update fixed my unstable issue. Maybe you can try default factory your phone.

Haha. Funny...
Options
2017-08-09 06:17:06

Eric D wrote

Not happy.

I'm not sure why, connection with the updated Firmware mentioned above, by updating the network driver for my laptop seems to have fixed the issue. The funny part, I had no issue before the firmware update or connected with other routers, only the Deco M5. So, if you are having connection issues you might want to try and update the driver for you connecting device. In my case a Lenovo Flex 3 with Intel network card.
Options
2017-08-10 09:55:45
Hi guys, here is an reply from TP-Link.
20170725 has been cancelled, a new firmware will be released. Hope the new firmware will not has so many issue.
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?99556-Latest-Firmware
Options
2017-08-15 08:58:46
Upgraded to the latest firmware. SAME ISSUES. What do these useless Devs actually do for a living?! Unstable App, Backhaul not working properly (throws the whole system into disarray). DECO's constantly going offline (only a 1200 sqft condo for crying out loud). You have some of the worst support I have ever seen from a company...
Options