TP-Link HS100 Smart Plug and Amazon Echo

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-22 03:56:03
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently installed two TP-Link HS100(EU) Smart Plugs at home. For the first few days everything was working fine, Alexa turned the devices off and on without any problems.
Tonight though she couldn't turn on one of the devices, instead she gave me the following answer: "there are multiple devices with that name, wich one do you mean?"
The second smart plug still works like a charm and Alexa does not have any trouble turning it on and off. So I asked Alexa to search for devices, only the two smart Plugs show up in the app with their corresponding names. I reset the faulty smart plug and added it back into the Kasa and Alexa app. Still always the same answer: multiple devices with that name etc..
I also checked for updates, the firmware seems to be up to date (version 1.1.3).
Any ideas?
Options
2 Reply
Device names may sound similar to alexa?
2017-07-23 07:57:20
I have had similar issues with Alexa thinking that "Living Room Lights" and "Living Room Lamps" might be the same thing, and that "Couch Lights" and "Kitchen Lights" were the same thing, because even though to my human eyes, and ears, the difference is obvious, to Alexa's "ears", they were close enough to be confused.

Renaming my devices was the solution that worked for me.
Options
Re:TP-Link HS100 Smart Plug and Amazon Echo
2017-07-26 09:52:34

Mia123 wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently installed two TP-Link HS100(EU) Smart Plugs at home. For the first few days everything was working fine, Alexa turned the devices off and on without any problems.
Tonight though she couldn't turn on one of the devices, instead she gave me the following answer: "there are multiple devices with that name, wich one do you mean?"
The second smart plug still works like a charm and Alexa does not have any trouble turning it on and off. So I asked Alexa to search for devices, only the two smart Plugs show up in the app with their corresponding names. I reset the faulty smart plug and added it back into the Kasa and Alexa app. Still always the same answer: multiple devices with that name etc..
I also checked for updates, the firmware seems to be up to date (version 1.1.3).
Any ideas?

have you tried a different name? what names they are? maybe i can do a test on my plugs.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 648

Replies: 2

Related Articles