How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode?

Re:Re:How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode?
2019-09-12 22:32:44

@TP-Link Deco Point 2 is a lie.  My network is suffering a mayhem right now because Deco M5 will not stop allocating IP addresses even in AP mode of operation.  Firmware 1.3.1.  Very disgruntled due to this.

Options
Re:How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode?
2019-09-15 17:09:56
I have a network excess but it not worked without wire connection can you please guide me? How to I check it?
Options
Re:Re:How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode?
2019-09-18 00:04:02

@TP-Link Deco 

For star network, if the modem/router is in the center and the other DecoM9’s (3 of them) are in the rooms (spokes) all connected by ethernet cable to the router? All of the Decos are in AP mode

1. The router will be performing NAT function and assigning the IPs?

2. Will they all be in the same network ? I suppose they need to be connected by wifi first?

3. How does the data flow work? 

Options
2019-10-10 22:38:34

@TP-Link Deco 

When in Router Mode, I get to view who are connected to DECO, wired or wireless.

It appears that this functionality is somewhat DHCP related, or information from DHCP assigned pool.

But if in AP Mode, will I get to see who are connected to the DECOs? At least those connected on the WIFI/wireless side?

Options
2019-10-28 09:13:45

@TP-Link Deco 

It is incredible that a company can charge a permium price for a great product in concept, but roll out bugginand incorrect software.

The inabilty to configure the network to ones own needs is very unprofessioanl. Please have a look at the way DHCP is setup allow for maunally configurable IP ranges. and please have a enable disable DHCP... especically If I wont my router to hand them out. send out a patch would be an idea....

Very temped to got  consumer affairs to try and get this sorted... 

Options