Easier, quicker way to power on an HS110?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-08 10:33:32
Thanks to Mike for helping solve the problem I was having with the HS200 switch. Unfortunately, I can't use that switch with power-through wiring. :( See: http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?99535-Strange-behavior-after-connecting-the-HS200-switch

That means that I must go back to using the HS110. The problem was that my wife HATES it because it is too much trouble to open an app to turn on/off a light.

It might be acceptable if she could just ask Siri to turn on the light but currently, Kasa isn't supported by Siri! Why TP-LINK, why not? I am aware of the open-source project Homebridge and I'll eventually get into that project but I feel that I allowed to be annoyed with TP-LINK for this lack of support. Grrrr.

Any quicker solutions available before I invest in a Rasberry PI project?

Thank you
Options
3 Reply
Re:Easier, quicker way to power on an HS110?
2017-08-08 14:16:54
HS100 can support Amazon Eco and Google Home. You can consider to buy one of them.
I heard that apple won't allow any other manufacturers to use apple home. So I think it is not the TP-LINK issue.
Options
2017-08-08 15:12:39
That is incorrect. Since iOS 10, Apple introduced SiriKit to allow 3rd party products to be controlled by Siri.
Options
2017-08-09 14:03:16
You are correct, but just 6 kinds of services, not all of them. Kasa will support Apple Home sooner or later.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 486

Replies: 3