New Release of Solution: The Deco system becomes unstable after a firmware upgrade (170725)

New Release of Solution: The Deco system becomes unstable after a firmware upgrade (170725)

19 Reply
Re:New Release of Solution: The Deco system becomes unstable after a firmware upgrade (170725)
2017-08-17 18:00:58

Sander S. wrote

Update:

Tried to add the failing unit again this morning while preparing a call to support. 3 times no luck. Checked deco firmware version again, checked android version again. All latest versions but... android app has failing graphics (same as when I bought the set which was resolved after some updates). So before calling support I tried it again with my iPad which charged over night. No luck... the first time. Second time it found my 3rd unit. I placed it in the same location so it magically replaced the non-responsive unit in the app.

I still am unsatisfied with the product as a whole but at least my kid has internet again. Not getting to exited yet, have to see how long it will last this time around.

Hi Sander, feedback to TP-Link support means send your issue details to technical support. They will analyze your issue more professional.
You can simply l [COLOR=#333333]aunch the Deco app, tap the " [B]" icon at the upper left corner, tap [B]Help -> [B]Email Us [B].[/B][/B][/B][/B]
Options
Re:New Release of Solution: The Deco system becomes unstable after a firmware upgrade (170725)
2017-08-20 07:09:38
I am using the latest firmware 1.1.3 and the latest app ios version 1.2.9 and tried to reset twice. No chance to AP mode work properly. The previous firmware was fine and now I had to switch to Router mode in order to have wi-fi. TP Link, please update the firmware to work as AP Mode. As I can read the firmware 1.1.3 does not work as it should.
Options
2017-08-20 07:12:41

TP-Link Deco wrote

Dear Customers,

Recently we get several feedback that the Deco system cannot work reliably in some cases after upgrading the latest firmware version ( 1.1.2 Build 20170725 Rel. 55542).

The phenomena vary from different conditions, it can be that the LED lights on the additional units will turn blinking red sometimes / LED control won't take effect / wifi connection is intermittent.

We sincerely feel sorry for the inconvenience caused by the update.

However, we have struggled on this case and located the issue.

Solution:
Now the new release is available on the Deco app. Please tap the Settings icon at the bottom right corner, then tap Update Deco to upgrade your Deco system.
New version: 1.1.3 Build 20170810 Rel. 49771

If the issue remains at that time, please don't hesitate to feedback to us on the Deco app.
How to feedback: Launch the Deco app, tap the " " icon at the upper left corner, tap Help -> Email Us.

Thanks for your cooperation.

TP LINK the firmware 1.1.3 does not solve the instability problem. Please help us!!!!!!
Options
2017-08-20 16:37:31
I also have the same issue with last version of the firmware. Wifi in AP mode is extremely slow and when clicking on a google link it does not work at all. I tried to reset a device and connect it again. I got the "Can not connect to tp link network" after configuring the network detailsThis is simply not acceptable for a product that is more than 300$. Please fix this ASAP or I will need to get refunded and buy a netgear orbi or google wifiThanks
Options
2017-08-23 04:12:00
Me again... out of the blue, lost internet. Internet was gone for about a minute. It reconnected by itself but magically the unit that caused me a lot of trouble is blue again. Seriously...?
It will not come back by itself so I can probably start over again. This is just so frustrating and time consuming. I don't feel like fixing it tonight anymore. Need to mentally prepare. Oh, and I also have the annoying 'bug' that every time a device connects the app notifies me. This worked fine before but since the update every device kept showing up as new device. I disabled the notification but just after the loss of the connection and the reconnection I started receiving them again. Opened the app and needed to disable notifications again, now the app is changing settings by itself somehow?
Options
2017-09-01 16:12:31
The latest firmware is 1.1.5 170820. If you have any issues using AP mode, please update the Deco first.
Options
2017-09-02 13:34:53
Impossible to download the latest firmware for me. I have the download failure error message. I have tried more than 10 times. What should I do ? Thanks
Options
2017-09-07 05:17:04
Updated the firmware again today after being unable to refresh devices in the app, configuring stuff in the app etc. Updated without a problem (in the app that is) and wifi came back up but all my wired systems could not get connected to the internet again after the update. Modem reset, router reset, Deco reset, system(s) reset etc etc etc. Nothing...

So.. after yet another failure als a lot of time lost I returned it and the store was kind enough to give me a refund (after two months of misery). I guess they made an exception for me half way into my story because they felt really sorry. I tried, I really did but this product (to me) is a failure. I think it is rushed and it should have been in R&D a lot longer. It's not worth the price for the trouble.
Options
2017-09-12 18:52:00

jckfun wrote

Impossible to download the latest firmware for me. I have the download failure error message. I have tried more than 10 times. What should I do ? Thanks

Make sure that the deco units are having internet access, and their LED lights should be green. You can also click Advanced > IPv4(available for router mode only) to check if there is a valid IP address.
If no internet/no valid IP, try to restart modem then resatrt the mian deco unit to check if internet will come back or not.

If deco is working but it fail to download the firmware, try a different smart phone if you have.
Options