Access point mode + Ethernet Backhaul - NOT WORKING

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Access point mode + Ethernet Backhaul - NOT WORKING

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Access point mode + Ethernet Backhaul - NOT WORKING
2017-08-23 01:34:52

burntpowder wrote

For now, these sit on a table in my basement unhooked. I will give it a week or so and if nothing comes out of this, I am afraid I will contact Amazon for a return like others have done after their return window expired. I really just want these to work though.

I ran out of time...had 30 days via Fry's and had to return the Deco M5. Bummer, as it appeared to work after the first AP firmware was released, only to become useless with the next upgrade. Simply do NOT have time to spend on a solution that is supposed to be simple...
The idea of these are great. Too bad the implementation sucks.
I have to imagine that in this day and age, not many people are willing to drop their current router in order to bring a new router online -and worse yet, does not have web interface capability. Sorry, I do not mind doing small tasks on my phone, but when I need to do real work -such as transition from a router to this, I need to be sitting at a PC screen (IP cameras, port forwarding, static IP addresses, etc).
Options
2017-08-23 08:34:50
Please give me "1.1.2 Build 20170725 Rel. 55542" to try...I want to get this to work...My return window is fast running out...
Options
2017-08-23 10:13:18
Hi All,

We have noticed this issue and found a solution on this case.
The new firmware version 1.1.5 which has been confirmed solving this issue will be released in this week.
If you can't wait for the update, please download and manual install the latest firmware due to the firmware recovery guidance.
Download link: http://support.tp-link.com/f/e727490665/?dl=1
Note: If the Windows computer only supports 32bits, you can download the 32bits version of TFTPd client on the internet.
Options
2017-08-24 08:08:30

TP-Link Deco wrote

Hi All,

We have noticed this issue and found a solution on this case.
[COLOR=#FF0000] The new firmware version 1.1.5 which has been confirmed solving this issue will be released in this week.
If you can't wait for the update, please download and manual install the latest firmware due to the firmware recovery guidance.
Download link: http://support.tp-link.com/f/e727490665/?dl=1
Note: If the Windows computer only supports 32bits, you can download the 32bits version of TFTPd client on the internet.

That is good news. Since the week is almost over, I will just wait for the official release instead of manually flashing 3 units.

Anyone go the manual route already?
Options