Unstable Connection

Released On: 2018-11-05 12:08:32Last update time: 2022-05-09 23:34:10

You may find that your devices like your mobile phones and laptops lose internet connection constantly when they are connected to the router via Wi-Fi or Ethernet. It may be caused by many factors. Hence this FAQ will help you troubleshoot.

End-device means computer, laptop, front-device(s) means your modem or main router etc. which the TP-Link router is connected to.

Case 1

Step 1

Check whether the connection will be automatically restored after a few minutes. Check the Wi-Fi LED on the router when it happens and see if the wireless network can be found via your end-devices.

Step 2

It’s probably caused by wireless interference. To change wireless channel, channel width (refer to here) or get away from a wireless interference source, such as microwave oven, cordless phone, USB3.0 hard drive etc.

Step 3

Check firmware version of your router (here). Upgrade if it’s not the latest firmware. Contact our support if you need assistance upgrading the firmware.

Step 4

Contact TP-Link support with the information above for further assistance along with devices that are connected and operating system information.

Case 2

Note: Please only follow the steps below when there is no internet access.

Step 1

Step 2

Check firmware version of your router (here). Upgrade if it’s not the latest firmware. Contact our support if you need assistance upgrading the firmware.

Step 3

Log into the router in order to check the WAN IP address, Default Gateway and DNS server. Write down all the parameters or take a screenshot. And save System Log (Advanced>System Tools>System Log).

Step 4

Contact TP-Link support with the information required above for further assistance.

Comment

@Jeffi  Yeah I know what you mean, happened to me in the past as well.

Actions speak louder than words.

Thanks for the very useful information. Already bookmarked it. 

Not appropriate for Deco routers. The app provides much more funtionality than the web interface. Also, Deco routers use the cloud based TP Link ID and don't have a local account, if you can't connect to the internet, you can not login to the router.   

[url=https://weldingzilla.com/best-welding-helmets-2021[/url]

I am new to connection.I have the archer VR 400 AC 1200.I have Internet but the tether does not recognize my router.what is wrong.I have a modem Virginia media. The Internet connection becomes unstable

Upgraded deco to latest firmware 1.53 and system does not work

I'm also facing this same issue. My router connection is dropped sometimes. How to recover it?

Excellent setup, app is stable, and cool features. Was hesitant to switch from netgear after 15 years to TP Link, but I have not regrets and glad I did.

hey there im living in a shared house and our v1600 wifi router has been sitting on top of microwave oven for months ....i told landlord it needs to be moved its still there now and our nbn connection is spoaradic and flakey...im guessing the microwave has coooked the router ? thanks

happened to me in the past as well. 

How do I change the router that its connected to?

upload
    upload