Troubleshooting the TP-Link Network Adapter

Released On: 2018-11-05 11:40:01Last update time: 2022-05-05 23:03:07

Case 1 Slow speed

Follow the steps in the following the FAQ found here

Case 2 Unstable connection

Step 1

Check Wi-Fi signal strength. If the signal is weak, try moving the computer closer to your router if possible.

Step 2

If your product is a dual band adapter you will want to check if the issue is on both bands or just one.

Step 3

Log into your router and change the channel and channel width to avoid possible interference.

Step 4

Update driver of the adapter.

Step 5

Contact TP-Link support with the results of the above testing.  We may ask additional questions to narrow the issue down.

Case 3 Cannot find wireless network

A. can't find a specific SSID

Change SSID/wireless network name and channel of your router (contact the router support if you don’t know how to do it).

B. can't find any SSID

Step 1

Enable your computer's wireless service.

Step 2

For Windows,

Enable WLAN AutoConfig (Windows only)

Step 3

Uninstall anti-virus software and disable firewall if any.

Step 4

Step 5

Contact TP-Link support with the results of the above testing.  We may ask additional questions to narrow the issue down. 

Case 4 Can't connect to Wi-Fi

Step 1

Make sure your router is working. Use other device like laptop or mobile phone to connect Wi-Fi and check the internet connection.

Step 2

Check Wi-Fi signal strength. Move the computer closer to your router or adjust wireless settings like channel and channel width on your router. Please contact your router's support to assist you.

Step 3

Step 4

Comment

I have a TP Link Archer T9E installed in a Lenovo desktop running Windows 8.1.  Overall it works well.  However I have a problem when watching streaming content off the internet where I will lose my network connection randomly.  This is the only time I experience disconnects.  In a 60 minute episode, it may happen 1-4 times.  I simply disconnect and reconnect and then its fine again.  It doesn't seem to matter what streaming site (spectrum, netflix, hulu, etc) or what browser I'm using.  Driver is the latest posted (from 2014).  PC is in close proximity to the router.  Router has been replaced but still have the same behavior.  Curious if anyone else has experiened this or has any other recommendations.

@thefowler02 

Sorry for not giving you an answer sooner.  For this is could be network interference, espcially since you replaced your router and still happens.  Troubleshooting should start by looking at the enviroment.  Make sure there isn't anything inbetween the router and computer that can cause EMI (elctromagentic interfence)  as this can reduce the signal and conectivity of the connection.  Next try changing the channels the Bands are operating on, there could be interference.  lastly if your PC is in an encoulsure try opening the back (if possible) or relocate the desktop ontop the desk.  If all of this takes place and you still have issues, try moving the computer closer (for testing) to the router to ensure its not an range issue.

Best Regards  

Visit here if you were facing a problem while installing the windows 10 operating system on your personal computer. windows 10 operating system free download full version with key  This website helps you to install the Windows 10 operating system so visit here and know the complete information for about windows 10 operating system.

Nova Web Design is the web design agency in auckland. As a main Web Design Agency in Auckland, we structure a connecting with and vital site that quickly fortify the dependability, and convey set up message to target crowds and it ultimately changes over clients into faithful clients. We give that sort of value and effective website composition and web improvement administrations to our customers with assistance of our Web Design Agency in Auckland.

<a href="https://novawebdesign.co.nz/">Visit nova web design!</a>

upload
    upload