What should I do if my device keeps disconnecting from the internet when it’s connected to my TP-Link Range Extender?

Released On: 2018-11-27 06:00:32Last update time: 2018-11-27 06:00:32

The range extender may extend Wi-Fi signal but it does not maintain the connection. This FAQ will guide you to do some tests to exclude possibility caused by router other elements beside the range extender.

a device means: computers, laptops, mobile phones, etc.

Note: Refer to UG to get detailed info of the LED status.

Case 1

Step 1

Update the range extender to latest firmware.

Step 2

Contact TP-Link support with model number of your router and provide us with details on the problem. 

Case 2

Step 1

Disable then enable the wireless network connection of the device.

Step 2

To figure out the problem please place the RE near to the router to see whether the problem still exists.

Step 3

Check the IP address, default gateway and DNS of the device, when the range extender loses its connection.

Step 4

Contact TP-Link support with model number of your router and provide us with details on the problem. 

1 Unhelpful Bookmark
Comment

How do I fix my TP-Link router as it disconnected several times? I have to buy two routers but after some month both routers in showing me same problem auto disconnecting network  I think tp-link not well brand

Every time I open my MacBook or use my iPhone to connect to the Internet, the device tries to connect via my _EXT network. It appears to succeed, but when I attempt to go to any URL the response is You Are Not Connected to the Internet. I have done all the troubleshooting steps suggested but nothing fixes the problem. One step I took was to start over with the tether process. That solved it for about 2 days, and then the problem was back.  I purchased the RE300 from Amazon and the return window closed July 11. Reading the Comment posts, I can see that this is a common problem, and tp-link seems to be indifferent to it. I searched for a way to enter a support ticket, but that approach doesn't seem to exist. Any recommendations? 

thank you https://www.maritimelawyerneworleans.info/2020/09/maritime-lawyer-new-orleans.html

https://www.maritimelawyerneworleans.info/2020/09/maritime-lawyer-new-orleans.html

Hello support, I have this issue as well on the TL-PA8030P Range Extender. We are living in oktober 2020. Is this issue, that seems to be there for years already, fixed at this moment or not? In the latter case I too will send them back to Amazon. If it is fixed, please help me with a solution. The last acvailable firmware is already on the devices. I disabled low power mode. What can I do?

RE220 firmware update available now? Extender will stop connecting to my home network. Need help

My TLWR941HP keeps disconnecting. Has to be rebooted almost everyday. Tried to call support service, no success in getting through. Send an email, no reply. Thank you for "excellent service" no

I( keep buying things to improve my WiFi and the headaches only get worse.I have a Decco 2400 that says it's activated but does nothing 

upload
    upload