What should I do if my internet speed is slow when my device is connected to the TP-Link router?

Released On: 2018-11-27 07:49:23Last update time: 2018-11-27 07:49:23

There are many factors can affect a device's network speed, this FAQ will help you isolate and troubleshoot some of them.

This Chart will help you decide which case to refer to.  keep in mind we will want to rule out the ISP as the cause of the issue first.  

CASE ONE

Please do the following steps:

Step 1

Connect a computer dirrectly to your router via ethernet and preform a speedtest(www.speedtest.net). We recommend runing the test three times without doing any high bandwidth behaviors.   

Step 2

Contact TP-Link support with the above results for further assistance.

CASE TWO

Please do the following steps:

Step 1

Connect a computer dirrectly to your router via ethernet and preform a speedtest(www.speedtest.net). We recommend runing the test three times without doing any high bandwidth behaviors.

Step 2

Do the same test but connected to your wireless SSID.

Step 3

Check your device's wireless link speed.

For windows like below,

For Mac OS

Make sure you select network utility. Select Info tab and choose Wi-fi (en0 or en1) on the drop-down options. Please note that the Link Speed is your wireless connection speed. In this example, my connection speed is set to 450 Mbit/s (Mega bits per seconds).

Step 4

Log into your router and change the channel width,2.4G→40MHz,5GHz→80Mhz, and retest the connection.

Step 5

Is the speed issue occuring 5GHz, 2.4GHz, or both? 

For 2.4GHz, change the Channel (channels 1, 6 and 11 are generally best, but any channel can be used, please try a few more channels). 

Step 6

Contact TP-Link support with the above results for further assistance.

Comment

123456AA

aywbayb43@gmail.com

I called the provider and he said that most likely there is a problem with the router. I tried to do everything to fix it, but nothing has changed.

I've got an Archer c7 1750 V2 router. I just upgraded my internet service from 250 mbs to 1 gb. When I run speed tests on my network they only go up to 360 mbs. If I plug directly into my modem I run as high as 980 mbs. Any know how I can improve the speed thru my router. All of my computers are ethernet connected. Are there eny settings on the router that will allow faster thru put????

Md sami123

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

mail

HI

GOOD DAY,

I have problem with TP-LINK AX11000 router, The ISP Internet Speed more than 4000 mbps(Huwawi CPE) and tplink router port is 2.5 Gbps but the router receiving only 800 Mbps maximum (speed checked with tplink router configuration page) the WIFI and LAN also we are getting the same 700Mbps to 800Mbps and the Firmware also updated.

i am waiting your replay to solve the issue.

upload
    upload