Unable to connect to the Internet

Released On: 2018-11-27 07:51:57Last update time: 2023-02-14 07:32:39

When you first set up Deco, after going through the whole setup process on the Deco APP, sometimes it might end with an Error: Unable to connect to the Internet.

Normally, when you got this error, the LED on the main Deco will also turn red.

Here, we will help you to fix this issue.

1. Please Tap “Skip This Step” on the bottom of the error page.

2. Then make sure the smartphone is connected to the Wi-Fi you just created and go back to Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV4 to check whether there is a valid IP address here.

• If the IP address is 0.0.0.0, it is very likely that you might choose the wrong internet connection type. Please check with the internet service provider whether Dynamic IP or PPPOE is the correct one for you.
  • If the IP address is not 0.0.0.0, please refer to this link to change the DNS server on the Deco: How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

3. After changing the DNS, if the LED is still red and also no internet service is available, please connect a computer to the modem directly, and check whether the computer has internet access.

After the above troubleshooting, if you still have any issues, please start a new thread and provide us with more details.

Comment

This ID is typically used for Password Resets in-case users are unable to log into to the router software to manage their network.

This is the very good blog. thanks for sharing such a useful information. <a href="https://julibarbosablog.tumblr.com">visit my blog</a> I hope you like it.

All are the best info about TP link deco

You suggest contacting TP-Link support, could you give a number for that?  Totally lost on my Deco S4R extender set up.  Not listed in videos.  Not mentioned in forum, nor does "S4R" come un in search.   

Hi! But how many decos can I install together?

I have deco mesh wifi (e4). Then My internet suddenly stopped. When the internet is back. I notice that One of my deco is not working. The color on the top of it is solid red. I dont know why, i tried to unplug and fixed it but its not working. I dont know to do. I dont know how to trouble shoot this. Pls help me guys

@geigartt They state on their website that due to Corona they have limited phone support. I also can't find a number on there, but when I google it (for germany) some numbers pop up. Maybe try doing the same for your country or open a new thread smiley

Actions speak louder than words.

Are there seriously only about 4 options in the Deco software? Its utter garbage

Thanks for sharing this info. 

Disappointed to find out that i cannot change the wifi channel on my deco m9 mesh router. Can you please fix this soon?

upload
    upload