TP-Link smart plug HS100, doesn't work with Home Mini

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-10 21:09:23
Model : HS100

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Some info about what I'm using:

- Google Home Mini
- iOS 10.3.3 (on iPhone 6)
- Google Assistant App (latest version 1.1.4209)
- TP-Link Wi-Fi Smart Plug HS100
- Country UK

The issue:

TP-Link smart plug HS100, doesn't works with Google Assistant App, but NOT with Google Home Mini.

The experience:

Both (Home-mini and Google Assistant App on iPhone) are using the same Google Home account, where the TP-Link plug is properly linked in my devices and named as " Lamp".

When I try to speak to Home-Mini, asking: " Ok Google, turn on the Lamp" or " Ok Google, turn the Lamp on" Home-mini says: " it looks like those lights haven't been setup yet".

Whilst at the same question, Google Assistant App (on my iPhone) turns on my lights (activating the plug).

I tried also to rename the TP-Link Plug as "Plug" in my Google Home App, but it has the same result with Google Home MIni: "Sorry I'm not sure how to help"

I guess it's a TP-Link compatibility issue with Google Home Mini. Isn't it?
I bolded Mini, just because I saw several video on youtube that show how to make work Google Home (the big version) with TP-LInk plugs.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thank you!
Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-Link smart plug HS100, doesn't work with Home Mini
2017-11-13 16:54:00
HS100 is compatible with Google Home Mini, can your mini discover the HS100?
Options
2017-11-13 18:41:13

emanueledibacco@gmail.com wrote

Model : HS100

I guess it's a TP-Link compatibility issue with Google Home Mini. Isn't it?
I bolded Mini, just because I saw several video on youtube that show how to make work Google Home (the big version) with TP-LInk plugs.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thank you!

I have a Google Home Mini and it works great with my TP-Link HS-100(UK) plug.

Have you added the smart plug via the Google Home app?

Best regards,

Tony
Options
2017-11-14 01:50:47
Hey! I solved the matter... finally.

Yes I have already added the Plug via the Google Home App... but the problem was another:

Only the very first account you link to Home Mini is considered the primary account and only this account has the permission to link a home automation device.

My problem was that my girlfriend has been the first one to link her account to Home mini.

I brought the Mini back to the factory default settings (by pressing for 10 sec. the little circle at the bottom of the device). Than I did the Home Mini set-up from the scratch in the Google Home App.. and finally it worked like a charm! I can turn on / off my TP-link Wi-Fi plug!

Cheers
Options
2018-02-23 05:02:25
I had a problem with google mini not finding HS100 Wi-Fi controlled wall plug. Get the App working and test the plug an make certain the plug is working. I ran Google home and no plug found. Google Mini will not find it.
Solution : What the instructions do not say is UNPLUG Google Mini for at least 10 seconds PLUG it back IN (This forces a full reset of Google Mini ). Then run Google Home and find your named device. The app should find your device and allow you to describe it's location.
Then say" hey google turn on plug( or name of the plug). Now I hear the click of the plug.
Hope this also works with AMAZON ALEXA and companion app.
ENJOY !
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1106

Replies: 4