Remote Control No Longer Available in Kasa App - Local Only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Remote Control No Longer Available in Kasa App - Local Only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
74 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Remote Control No Longer Available in Kasa App - Local Only
2019-07-12 09:04:27

@Downlands1 

Can you see remote control option when you go to device settings page? Is there any error message to enable it? 

Cause the other 2 works fine, you can swap their locations and reset it to reconfigure to give it a shot. 

If still the same, you can show me a picture of the local only page and the error message you saw to enable remote control.

Besides, you can send me the mac address of the HS100 privately via message. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Remote Control No Longer Available in Kasa App - Local Only
2019-07-17 08:53:45

Oh no a second unit has gone local only ! It must be a firmware issue ? 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Remote Control No Longer Available in Kasa App - Local Only
2019-08-05 13:22:32 - last edited 2019-08-05 13:23:31

I have 10 plugs/switches and all of them are doing this "local only" thing now after working fine for over a year. Sometimes they'll show as active, but most of the time stay at "local only". On a Pixel 3.

Edit: Also, I've tried deleting and readding them and the problem persists.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Remote Control No Longer Available in Kasa App - Local Only
2019-08-08 07:45:00

@eblah 

Thanks for your reply, sorry for the trouble caused.

What are the model numbers of these devices? Please tell me their hardware and firmware version.

Please check the signal strength under the devices settings page; and try to move them closer to the main router to do a comparison analysis.

Try to update the KASA app version as well. 

Besides, for further analsysi, you can give us the mac address of one of the smart home devices. You can send it to me privately via message.

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Remote Control No Longer Available in Kasa App - Local Only
2019-08-09 12:16:40

I actually found the issue. Figured I'd post it here in case anyone else has this problem.

My router was basically reconnecting me to the Internet every few minutes. So, all the open connections were being closed and reopened. I fixed that issue, and the problems went away.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Remote Control No Longer Available in Kasa App - Local Only
2019-08-14 23:50:12

@JimT1000 
Thanks for your tips - a quick question, was there any other way to fix this "LOCAL ONLY" issues without removing and reinstalling a switch per your suggestion?

I have this smart plug installed on the ceiling area @ my office and do need to control it remotely....looks your suggested resolution will only work when you're connected to the same local network, correct?

Please advise,

Thanks

Options
Re:Remote Control No Longer Available in Kasa App - Local Only
2019-08-14 23:51:42

Does anyone happen to know what is causing this "local only" issues?  

The issue seems to occur on random basis and just wondering if anyone found out on exactly what is causing/triggering this issue?

Thanks

Options
Re:Re:Remote Control No Longer Available in Kasa App - Local Only
2019-08-21 20:30:29 - last edited 2019-08-21 20:31:26

I am now getting these local only connections. Different plugs at different times hs100 devices

Options
2019-09-25 03:35:50

@JimT1000 

I got the same problems and removed, installed it many times, but it does not help. Anyone other suggestions? Thank you very much!

Options
2019-09-25 03:38:59 - last edited 2019-09-25 03:39:27

@David_Hoang_560  I have give up waiting for an answer    started changing plugs over to teckin as more reliable

Options
Related Articles