Remote Control No Longer Available in Kasa App - Local Only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Remote Control No Longer Available in Kasa App - Local Only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
74 Reply
Re:Remote Control No Longer Available in Kasa App - Local Only
2022-02-05 22:16:31

@JimT1000 : Make sure you turn your 5Ghz wifi off, HS200 only works with 2,4GHz wifi.

Use factory reset and install it again. If internet connected you should update the HS200 firmware to the latest version. Hope it will help!

Options
2022-02-06 00:26:53

@David_Hoang_560 

Thanks David. I resolved this problem. It wa weird but all of my switches turned up as local only.  Essentially, I had to redo everything and it worked fine. I only experienced it one other time since.  Thanks for your reply. 

Options
2022-03-09 13:54:22
Reseting my router fixed all the problems. Most certainly the problem is not with the switches wich are always accessible (localy) . The problem is with the router who for an unknown reason stops port-forwarding some local ip adresses associated to random switches. It's always good to reset your router every now and then it is à Linux-based system just like any other Linux pc. Patrice
Options
2022-04-26 12:54:25

Reseting my router fixed all the problems.

Options