KC120 live view COmputer / Browser

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KC120 live view COmputer / Browser

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
22 Reply
Re:KC120 live view COmputer / Browser
2020-03-22 11:29:05

I think is a must-have! App for Mac and PC or the browser view.

+1 for this.

Options
Re:KC120 live view Computer / Browser
2020-03-27 10:34:31

@Kevin_Z 

Good morning to everybody.

I would like to know if there has been any progress in this matter.

Almost a year has passed since the first comment and response.
Thank you.

Options
2020-03-28 11:08:07

Cant belive its not supported via a web browser, my first tp-link Cam and the last. Next time sticking with FosCams ! 

What a waste of money 

Options
2020-04-15 20:54:50

@Kevin_Z 

meanwhile a year later nothing happend to offer a Port Address. So I don't use my KC120 anymore - for me it was a great mistake to buy it.

Very much cheaper are solutions with Raspi-Cam's or combined with Arduino/ESP32. 

Kevin_Z wrote

@IP-Tiger 

I see, we will forward your request to our RD team and they can work on it and evaluate the feasibility. 

You can wait for the updates. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-04-26 11:39:25

Hi TP-Link support,

I am IT professional and tested a lot of systems in Europe in different price ranges. 

We have a lot of project where we use different cameras, depending on the project. 

The TP-Link Kasa Cam´s is price / worth on of our favourites.

Quick respond, good quality, price is fair. 

Okay, but the destructive MAIN PROBLEM is the weak software solution. 

We need urgently a more flexible solution for WINDOWS 10 and MAC OSX as well as an integration in typical OEM software via API. 

The KASA App on Iphone is good, but it is too less for "the next step" 

To develop a version for MAC for example you have now different options to use the existing code for the IOS app also - just an easy portation is possible. 

So please let me know if you bring or not a software app for MAC and PC during the next weeks as well as an API where to assecc directly. 

This is important and will affect our further decisions! 

Thanks

Hartmut from Austria

Options
2020-06-26 15:22:01

It is incredibly sad that the Kasa Cams do not have any other way to access than via the Kasa app.

I found tons of posts and topics on this and still no solution, the basic should be:

- Browser access

- Windows app

- MacOS app

I love the camera but because of this I will not buy more nor recommend it to anyone.

When do you plan to solve this?

Options
2020-07-09 15:03:30

Any news on this topic?

Options
Re:KC120 live view COmputer / Browser-Solution
2020-07-15 06:39:06 - last edited 2020-07-15 06:39:13

@ciberg  @ScaryGary 

Hello, thanks a lot for your valued suggestions.

However, we are sorry to say that there are currently not any plans to eventually add the support for a web browser or PC, but we do agree that these would be great features to have.

This will be forwarded as a feature request to our developers for consideration.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-07-19 12:49:38

@Brook Sorry but it should not be up to your developers whether they wish to add the feature, it should be up to your customers surely?

Options
2020-08-16 07:31:32 - last edited 2020-08-16 07:32:13

@Brook 

So sorry to hear this. I own a kc120 and was planning to buy more kasa cams but not having browser access is a dealbreaker for me. It seems that you are losing customers because of this and will loose more with everybody trying to use your cams with ther smart homes (athom homey, home assisstant, and so on). I would strongly suggest that you solve this, it should not be that hard.

Would be very pleased to hear if you have any plans for and timeframe for this fix.

Have a nice day.

Options