Votes

Limit on Smart Actions?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Limit on Smart Actions?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
34 Reply
Re:Limit on Smart Actions?
2021-11-28 22:18:18 - last edited 2023-01-04 03:51:42

@edival 

This is an awesome solution unless you need to access the events triggered in the Kasa Cam watch areas which don't appear in the Samsung Smarthings App. These actions are very useful for turning on lights and making the house appear to be occupied when motion occurs in defined areas. I have four cameras, and can only trigger three actions. It would be fine if I could trigger the same events for two of them, but nope, no can do. Also, you can only trigger a single device and not a group. I'm going to be doing some research on manufacturers with a broader product line and  devices and better supported features.

The "keep waiting on our app please thank you now go away" is the stoic stonewalling which I have experienced more and more with Chinese companies operating in the US. It shows a definite cultural disconnect in regard to understanding American expectations about products.

Being told that a production product is being used to test a product feature is ludicrous. Worse yet, not having a target feature release date on a development roadmap is shady at best. I think I've finally drawn a line and will have to eat the investment I've made so far.

On another note, I'm not really very keen on having my video stored who knows where, and accessible by who knows whom. 

Options
2021-11-29 19:42:28 - last edited 2023-01-04 03:51:42

This thread has now been open for two years, and still we are handicapped with only three events.  Fortunately, the Samsung workaround works just great - in fact it is better because it allows you to schedule events not only at Sunrise/Sunrise, but at an offset from these.   And of course, more than three events.   I'll keep the Kasa app on my phone so that I can add devices, but I'll be using the Samsung app to do everything else.

Options
2022-01-06 03:15:03 - last edited 2023-01-04 03:51:42
Apologies for missing the reply (didn't subscribe to replies) but just to close out this thread for completeness, yes, it is possible to use SmartThings and Kasa at the same time which is what I am doing. For those interested, there is a race condition issue w/ using this 3-way dimmer workaround in Kasa app. In order for the control to work bi-directionally, you will need to setup 2 Smart Actions- 1 to sync turning 'On', and another to sync to turn 'Off'. Problem is, if you turn either switch on and off in quick succession, the Smart Action will go haywire ping-ponging back and forth w/ turning on and off indefinitely until one is manually shutoff at the switch, So, I went back to SmartThings to see if there was feature similar to "Control with a Switch" and sure enough, there is! It's under the Automations "Routines' section, If This Than That. Plus, to address the race condition, I added a 2 second delay to account for any network delay. Depending on your network latency, you may need to increase (or decrease) from there. 1s was not long enough for me and still caused the lights to turn on/off.
Options
[Implemented]The Limit of Three Smart Actions Has Been Removed with the new Kasa 3.0 APP . -Solution
2022-10-12 09:21:03 - last edited 2023-01-04 03:51:42

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for  feedback in regard to the Smart Action feature, the Smart Actions were one of the most powerful features in the Kasa Application, previously it also had the most limitations placed on it that only 3 smart actions can be active at a time.  This was always one of the hottest topics amongst our users, and we are now glad to announce: The Limit of Three Smart Actions Has Been Removed with the new Kasa 3.0 APP . You can now create as many smart actions (up to 64 entries) as you need to automate every inch of your house.

Smart Action Limit Now Removed With The New Kasa APP 3.0

Kasa APP 3.0

New Kasa Application Launching

For any feedback with the new Kasa APP or Smart Action feature, please Start a New Thread here.

Thank you again for all the feedback here in the community and your contribution to make it finally happen!

Recommended Solution
Options

Voters 6

+ 2 Voters