KC110 Won't connect to WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KC110 Won't connect to WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:KC110 Won't connect to WiFi
2020-03-25 01:48:24

@Stella.Q I'm having the same problem.

I connected the KC110 successfullty to my home network, did the firmware upgrade and it worked fine.

Then I reset the KC110 and connected to a different wireless network.

On the second network, I get to the flashing green LED and the KC110 fails to accept the dhcp lease from the router.

It just continuously requests an IP address.

If I reset the KC110 and move back to the original wireless network, it works again.

I have 2 KC110's that have this problem.

It seems you cannot move the KC110 to a different wireless network.

Both the wireless network are using the same hardware (access point, switch, router), with simple vlan separation.

My phone connects fine to both networks.

Any ideas?  It is going back to Best Buy if there is no solution to this.

Options
2020-03-26 06:02:48

@reverged 

Hi, you can connect the KC110 to the main network, but can't connect it to another wireless network, there should be some special settings block the camera. These two wireless networks come from two different routers, right? What's the model number of the router? What's the wireless security type? Please make sure you put in a correct wifi password during the configuration.

Besides, please turn off the special settings like MAC filtering access control or AI protection.

Options
2020-03-30 09:30:54
Options
2020-07-31 15:58:27

Hi @Stella.Q ,

Like most of the users on this forum, I'm experiencing this issue but it's 'random'. Before I get into the details I would like to set the stage of my level of technical knowledge so that we can jump right into it. I've been managing complex multi-tier networks for the past 22 yrs so my understanding of how things work at the network layer is pretty good I WOULD SAY :) 

ABSOLUTELY _ I love the Kasa series product and it has been working great for the past 1.5yrs but until recently something weird happened and only some of the products are acting up. I'll get into more details of the troubleshooting steps that were taken but my main concern is that the problem is not consistent.

Issue/Problem

As per the snapshot below, I have 6 cameras for which four of them are KC100 and two of them are KC310. Sometime around early June one of my Cameras needed to be relocated to another room. So I unplugged it which I've done a million times in the past as we use one of the cams as a baby cam. 

When plugged back in it usually takes couple of mins to be completely back online but it never came back online for 5 days until I reset it and it joined the same network again but only for a couple of hours before going offline (Flashing green light - searching for network). This camera is located 3ft from my wireless Router. So, I tried what everyone else has and the recommendation on the support site  - Hard reset and added the Camera back but it stalls at the stage of joining the network, do keep in mind at this point all 5 other cameras are online and working just fine. No, issues connecting to the cloud, accessing the Internet, viewing the Camera etc. 

So after trying the above steps about 4-6 times I decided to unplug another camera that was working to test it in this location - the same problem. When I returned the working camera back to its original location which is two bedrooms down from the wireless router same problem. It just would connect and the flashing green light would stay on for hrs.

Anyways at this point, I have two cameras that are offline and are having issues connecting to the wireless network - the same network they have been connected too for the past year.  Left them in that state thinking it's a firmware issue but I validated the firmware on the other two that are still working and the same version across all four cameras. 

After two days of flashing green lights, just randomly without doing anything, the two Cameras were back online. One stayed on for the next three days and the other for 8hrs before going back to the same state of Flashing Green Light. Once again did the reset process and joining that back on the network for which they have visibility but issues connecting. 

For the remaining two cameras that are working the only difference is that I haven't unplugged them - So I decided to narrow the issue down and unplugged one of the working Cameras and plugged it right back in but the issue is now on thus camera (#3). Fast fwd all three cameras come online and go offline as they please, some stay for a couple of days and some for hours. That's the issue. 

I have all three cameras plugged in and sitting next to the one camera that is working. So it can't be a wireless signal issue plus the cameras to come online randomly at times. 

My fear is if I unplug or if the power goes off I'll lose the one camera that is working, 

It can't be a DNS issue as the remaining three Cameras are all online on your product platform plus all my other devices are as well.  

Here's a snapshot of my TP-Link Kasa environment at home:

Total # of Camera's = 6 (3 online 3 experiencing issues) 

Total # of Light Bulbs = 1 (Online

Total # of Smart Pugs = 12 (all online

Total # of Kasa Hub = 1 (Online

• KC100 | Hardware version 2.0 | Firmware Version 2.3.0 | MAC Address 68:FF:7B:17:BF:EE | Status: Online | Never experienced an issue | Device rebooted: No 
  • KC100 | Hardware version 2.0 | Firmware Version 2.3.0 | MAC Address 68:FF:7B:17:D3:FD | Status: Offline | Problem: Yes | Device rebooted: Yes | S/N 2191569009170
  • KC100 | Hardware version 2.0 | Firmware Version 2.3.0 | MAC Address 68:FF:7B:17:A8:74  | Status: Offline | Problem: Yes | Device rebooted: Yes | S/N 2191569009190
  • KC100 | Hardware version 2.0 | Firmware Version 2.3.0 | MAC Address 68:FF:7B:17:C4:AB | Status: Offline | Problem: Yes | Device rebooted: Yes | S/N 2191569009163
  • KC310 | Hardware version 1.0 | Firmware Version 1.0.10 | MAC Address DA:88:5D:7463:00 | Status: Online | Never experienced an issue | Device rebooted: Yes 
  • KC310 | Hardware version 1.0 | Firmware Version 1.0.10 | MAC Address 74:DA:88:5D:68:C0 | Status: Online | Never experienced an issue | Device rebooted: Yes 

Please help! 

Would like to stay with Kasa but it's getting frustrating especially for one of the cameras that we use as a Baby Cam. Appreciate the support in advance! 

Options