Delayed Notification KC200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Delayed Notification KC200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
38 Reply
Re:Delayed Notification KC200
2020-12-09 09:48:57

@Andy.Wilson I believe, from looking all over the internet, that the Kasa app is being closed by something in Android 10, and probably other versions, to save battery, possibly Duraspeed. The developers of this app should have by now developed a way of making their app resistant to being closed or to reopen if closed. TP-Link sold us these cameras as being suitable for Android so they have a responsibility to live up to this promotion. Lets have a response from TP-Link here.

Options
2021-01-13 09:53:45

@Andy.Wilson 

I have same problem with a a new kc200 I installed last week. The delivery man is 2 miles down the road before I get the notification. I have 2 x KC115 pan and tilt which notify pretty much immediately. Im guessing there is an issue with the system in these cameras as the wireless router is only a few meters away so doubt its my internet.

Options
2021-01-14 01:48:37

@Adam_C Don't get your hopes up. I have been having the same problem for almost 2 years now. Doesn't matter what OS version of Android. I have given up on ever getting this fixed. They won't ever respond to my support requests anymore.

Options
2021-01-27 10:38:39

@KasaUser005 Basically, if you have an android phone DO NOT buy this camera. 

It will not do what TP link claim. 

Any burglars could have cleared out your home, sat down and eaten dinner and had a kip before you would receive a notification (and you have to pay to view said late notification). 

It's obvious from reading the forum that they are either incapable or loath to sort this problem out. 

If you ask for help you will be sent the usual string of rubbish, e.g. What device are you using? What version are you running etc, etc. Then, zero. 

I would suggest that in the future TP link should indicate clearly in their adverts and packaging for this product that it WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY WITH ANDROID DEVICES. 

It would save unsuspecting people a lot of time and money, then they can go and buy a product that actually works. 

Options
2021-03-11 15:40:00

I've had the Kasa EC60 cam for nearly a year with the same Motion Detection Notification delays everyone else is describing.  The Kasa app, running on Android 11 (Note 20 Ultra) has unrestricted access to run in the background and this has done no good. The Notifications as others describe may not be received for as much as 10 minutes later.  What's interesting is that if a Trigger is established to activate a Kasa smart plug, the action happens almost immediately. This seems to point to a TP-Link server issue.

I have a garage door opener (Smart Life app) and several Wyze cameras (Wyze app) that both are able to provide near instantaneous Notifications.  This further puts the onus on tp-link.  Is it possible their server location relative to my location is causing the delay?  Anyone's guess.  I install these devices for users and although Wyze has their own issues, at least they work thru those issues and get them resolved.  For now, I don't install any more Kasa cams because of this Notification problem.

Options
2021-09-19 19:11:33

@CameraShy 

UPDATE: Still having this same notification delay issue and I still suspect this is a TP-Link Cloud Server notification issue.  App software and camera firmware are the latest available.  Come on TP-Link, this is a security flaw and your lack of attention impacts our level of confidence in your product line. 

Options
2021-10-02 22:44:00

@Brook I've been having the same issues with my cameras. I have the KC100 and KC110, using a Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G973F) running Android 11. I believe I had the issue on my previous phone which was a Sony XZ Premium but that was around 3 years ago so I can't remember the exact details of the issue then.

What I have noticed on my current phone at least is that if it is charging the notifications typically come through immediately, but if the phone is not charging then notifications are almost guaranteed to be delayed, sometimes it's by a few minutes but sometimes it can be hours. Given the main benefit of notifications is being alerted to motion detected when I'm out of the house - which is obviously when my phone is most likely to not be charging - it's a fairly crucial that those alerts come through as quickly as possible!

Options
Re:Delayed Notification KC200-Solution
2022-05-13 02:32:43 - last edited 2022-05-13 02:33:46

Hello everyone,

If you met similar concern that phone get delayed notification from Kasa app, this could due to settings on the phone, we made an FAQ to help troubleshoot: 

How to Troubleshoot Android Delayed Notifications on Kasa /Tapo APP

If the same,  please create a new thread with case details below and so we could help look into that further: 

1. Model of mobile phone and its OS version.

2. Model & MAC address of the camera (share by private message)

3. TP-Link ID (share by private message)

4. APP version 

Recommended Solution
Options