Having to run Kasa and Tapo app for different devices

107 Reply
RE:Having to run Kasa and Tapo app for different devices
2023-02-26 09:19:36
Fully agree to centralizing
Options
2023-03-12 10:06:57
One app to control all tplink products!!!
Options
2023-03-26 11:22:27

One app for all Tp-link devices please. 

Options
2023-04-03 16:59:09

Another disgruntled/puzzled consumer here. 

Just bought a Tapo camera which will be going back 5 mins after I realised I need a separate app to use it. 

The whole market is converging with Matter and such and you diverge your own product lines. Massive fail. 

Options
Re:Having to run Kasa and Tapo app for different devices
2023-04-19 15:16:24

Thank god! I was about to buy Tapo camera  and found this thread. Thank you all. I will look for other brands.

Options
2023-05-01 01:17:19
Please fix the issue We need control all the cameras tp link / tapó and smart plug tplink with the same app
Options
2023-05-06 18:18:20
Similar to other in this thread. Looking to purchase some Tapo cameras as it seems that these have taken over the Kasa range and as I already have some Kasa smart plugs and am familiar with that Kasa app with a toggle for cameras I was thinking these will be compatible until I came across this thread. Seems strange to not backwards support and integrate the Kasa and Tapo lines when they are so similar and this has now put me off purchasing the Tapo cameras altogether. Who's to say another line won't come out in the next few years with another app putting the Tapo devices in a similar position to the Kasa devices. I already have tpPLC app for powerlines and Kasa app for smart plugs so I don't want a 3rd app for 3 devices from the same company. TP-Link should take note from other companies that integrate all device as consumers are far more likely to buy into the whole range of products.
Options
2023-05-06 18:18:50
Similar to other in this thread. Looking to purchase some Tapo cameras as it seems that these have taken over the Kasa range and as I already have some Kasa smart plugs and am familiar with that Kasa app with a toggle for cameras I was thinking these will be compatible until I came across this thread. Seems strange to not backwards support and integrate the Kasa and Tapo lines when they are so similar and this has now put me off purchasing the Tapo cameras altogether. Who's to say another line won't come out in the next few years with another app putting the Tapo devices in a similar position to the Kasa devices. I already have tpPLC app for powerlines and Kasa app for smart plugs so I don't want a 3rd app for 3 devices from the same company. TP-Link should take note from other companies that integrate all device as consumers are far more likely to buy into the whole range of products.
Options
2023-05-10 04:12:30

Another victim of not realiseing that KASA a Tapo are two different line running on different apps.

Please hurry up with the one app. 

Options
2023-05-14 18:10:37

@Koops Hello to all...

SAME HERE...

I have almost everything TP-Link.

The switches, the Deco, the Kasa, and I considered some Tapo's...

But... one app for each device????

come on!!! Not an option...

Is like having one app to see your balance and other to wire transfer from the same bank...

Are the RuZZian on charge of TP-Link????

Every other brand have a ecosystem easy to control everything... why not TP-Link?

Are u a lower grade brand? I hope not.

Don't justify "they are different products need different apps..." that's LAME!!!

There is a thirty party APP which control both KASA AND TAPO... but we want official APP.

Don't throw away your costumers...

They pay u good money...

Options

Voters 34

+ 30 Voters