Summer time/Winter time swap (Daylight Saving) doesn't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Summer time/Winter time swap (Daylight Saving) doesn't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
24 Reply
Re:Summer time/Winter time swap (Daylight Saving) doesn't work
2020-10-27 08:41:50

@Brook About time too. I reported this back in January! It's fundamental. Why on earth wasn't it tested>

Options
2020-10-27 17:09:20

I have exactly the same problem as Tomski. Those with HW 1.0 won't sync to the daylight saving time and those with HW 2.1 will. Need a resolution from TP-Link ASAP.

Options
2020-10-27 21:06:18

@mountain_goat 

I received feedback from TP-link, they recognize the issue and are working on a fix.

Meanwhile, you could set the time-zone temporarto a time-zone that does not have DST (I set it to Africa/Algiers [CET]) until they make the fix available.

Options
2020-10-27 21:40:16

@Tomski I have managed a workaround for the UK by setting the timezone to GMT and this corrects the sunrise and sunset times 

Options
2020-10-28 08:19:01

FYI I received the following information from TP-Link based on the support ticket that I opened earlier this week:

TP-Link:

"​Our R&D have informed us that the time function will work as normal after the 1st of November."

So things should be back OK soon.

Options
2020-10-28 08:36:46

@Tomski - so will we need to do any firmware/software updates?

Tomski wrote

FYI I received the following information from TP-Link based on the support ticket that I opened earlier this week:

TP-Link:

"​Our R&D have informed us that the time function will work as normal after the 1st of November."

So things should be back OK soon.

Options
2020-10-28 08:50:20

@alanlw 

TP-Link did not specify anything further.

If the error is in their cloud service, then they can fix it there without needing a software update on the device.

If the error is in the device-software/firmware itself, then we'll need to do an update.

We'll need to wait until the 1st of November.

Best regards,

Tomski.

Options
2020-10-28 15:01:10
Ist of November is when the USA DST ends, coincidence?
Options
2020-10-28 15:39:25

@Brook I think the problem will disappear for another year on Sunday 1st November 2020. My guess is that it is to do with the fact that clocks in Europe go back at 2 a.m. on the last Sunday in October whereas in North America it is the first Sunday of November. (I am also guessing that the software was written in NA:-))

Options
2020-11-01 09:52:21

FYI

The time on my devices is correct again when setting my local timezone.

Options