Tapo C200 NVR(ONVIF)/RTSP viewing authentication issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo C200 NVR(ONVIF)/RTSP viewing authentication issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
26 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 NVR(ONVIF)/RTSP viewing authentication issue
2020-09-22 15:13:33
Options
2020-10-17 13:31:06

@Doesitmatter 

Hello,

Have you got any idea what I could try to add the C200 to my NVR.

User account is created and enabled with the app, the video stream can be viewed without any problem on VLC (with RTSP)

but no luck with the NVR. The camera is detected by the NVR, that's it.

These are my settings. Thank you very much!

Options
2020-10-30 13:47:34

@Matt81 

What NVR is it?

If it works in VLC, then it's got to be an issue with with NVR config.

Options
2020-10-30 13:48:56

@yusufkilinc 

Hopefully you got this working alfready, but all I can see is instead of "Channel 1" you have "Stream 1" in 1st image.

TBH, I'd be surprised if that makes the difference.

Options
2020-11-12 12:58:14

I have been able to connect to all my c200 cameras using NVR but the issue is everytime the camera boots the ip address changes.

I tried to map the mac to IP on my router, but then I noticed the IP changes because with reboot the cameras Mac also changes.

Hence even though I have been able to connect the NVR and cameras is not very reliable because everytime the power fails or someone accidently switched off the camera and reboots the NVR loses connection

Options
2020-11-12 13:13:22

@ChetanSen You need to set static or reserved IP for the camera on your router of whatever issues DHCP addresses.

It will always issue the same one then.

Options
2020-11-12 13:18:28

@Doesitmatter 

Thats what I am trying to say. To reserve a static address for any device, you bind the IP to the mac address of that device. Problem with these TP cameras are everytime they reboot the mac address changes ( which goes against the whole point of having a mac address), hence even if the static address was reserved for the camera, when it boots it requests for a new DHCP address using the new mac address

Options
2020-11-12 20:51:49

@ChetanSen I don't see that with mine. It reboots at 3am every day and no ip issues.

Options
2020-12-27 06:57:48

@Doesitmatter  No matter which software I try I always get the message "Authorisation Failed" or some variation of those words. The camera works great (only had it 3 days) but I REALLY would like to be able to see its stream on my desktop PC. 

Options
Re:Tapo C200 NVR(ONVIF)/RTSP viewing authentication issue-Solution
2020-12-27 10:25:26 - last edited 2021-07-22 09:16:11

@Enthusiast

You've followed this guide for Step1?

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/2680/

Then in VLC, open Network stream and enter rtsp://USER:PASS@CAMERA_IP:554/stream1

Replace with your details.

USER - You picked this a few moments ago

PASS - You picked this password a few moments ago

CAMERA_IP - Look on your router for the IP. If you aren't sure how to do that, use something like "Angry IP scanner" to find devices on your network and work out which IP it is.

Pay attention to the notes.

1. The username/password is the camera account that you created via the Tapo app. We will show you how to create a camera account later in this article (Step 1).

2. The IP address is the camera’s IP address assigned by your host router. You can find it on your host router’s DHCP list or in the Tapo app (Go to Camera Settings and navigate to the camera details page).

Recommended Solution
Options