Kasa Spot (KC100) Not Connecting to Cloud

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa Spot (KC100) Not Connecting to Cloud

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:Kasa Spot (KC100) Not Connecting to Cloud
2021-07-21 06:23:18

@JBansal 

I am now having this same issue, I restarted my router the other day for unrelated reasons, and since then both of my cameras have not connected. I have many other smart home appliances (Google Homes, Wiz lights) which all reconnected to the network with no issues, only my Kasa cameras are having issues.

I have followed ALL advice on this thread, reset my cameras, MADE A NEW TP LINK ACCOUNT and contacted support, and the cameras still won't connect to my Wi-Fi.

I changed NO settings to my router before they decided to kick the bucket.

Options
2021-07-21 06:57:41

@Pandacoot Hello, as i had the same issue - my camera is working now again. After a full reset i connected this camera to a completely different network (other modem, other provider....) and wow - it works again. No new account, no reinstall of the kasa app.

Dont ask me why, dont ask me how - it works.

Another question - is Kasa still supported or not - i would like to buy the outdoor camera - not available?

Options
2021-07-21 10:32:14

@Stefan72 I don't want to have to buy a new $100 router, and switch to another provider, if I can't fix it I'll just buy new cameras from another company.

I don't want to have to spend money to fix an issue with a product that just stopped working, and no way will I buy any more products from them if they all do this!

Glad to hear you got yours working though

Options
2021-07-21 12:50:37

@Pandacoot Hello, there is no need to get a new router or provider - just take the camera, go somewhere else (to a friend or whatever) and plugin the camera there.

Install it with your kasa app on your phone, just use the other wifi there. If it works then reset the camera again, go home and do it there.

Suddenly it worked (here). Maybe this procedere works for you too.

;)

Options
2021-07-26 08:26:24

@Pandacoot 

Sorry for the delayed reoly, if you have trouble reconfigure kasa cameras, please try suggestions in the below FAQ

What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa Cam?
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2663/

Please let us know the Led status on camera at that time, and  which step you met trouble, the Error message as well as the troubleshooting you have tried, thank you. 

Options