PTZ via ONVIF dont work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

PTZ via ONVIF dont work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:PTZ via ONVIF dont work
2020-05-05 15:29:18
Desperately needed a way to send the reboot command to automate self-define reboot schedule
Options
2020-05-30 08:33:07

@Kevin_Z 

I have recently just bought a Tapo c200 and came across the same issue that PTZ controls were not available over ONVIF (even thought the camera supports it through its own Tapo app). Very disappointed to find this out after purchasing. I would hope that a future firmware update will enable this feature as it is frequently being asked for and is expected with a camera that has ONVIF support and has PTZ abilities.

Options
2020-06-01 08:05:55

@b9h 

Can’t say for now whether or when we’ll add the option to alter the auto-reboot time for the camera, but we appreciate your interest and we will feedback to the related department and ask them to evaluate.

Options
2020-09-07 17:12:49

Still no PTZ support on 1.0.14

Options
2020-09-10 11:57:31

b9h wrote

Still no PTZ support on 1.0.14

Unfortunately, yes. And we have no any comment about that from tp-link team :(

Options
2020-09-22 03:08:17

@Patrik90 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

Currently, The Tapo camera supports the standard ONVIF protocol (Profile S) as well as RTSP protocol, so it can work with third-party NVR or NAS devices that also support the standard ONVIF protocol.

But it does not support PTZ over ONVIF, and you could only PTZ over the Tapo APP.

Really sorry for all the inconvenience.

Thank you very much for all your understanding and support.

Options
2020-10-14 19:58:07

@Brook Hi there,

Is there any plan to include this in a firmware update?  Looks like I'm not alone in wanting to buy more of these cameras from a good brand like TP-Link - but won't if the camera is missing Onvif PTZ.

Thanks,

Options
2021-12-03 00:09:55

@Patrik90 Same as TP LINK E14 bulb size, 4 years and TP-Link doesnt have reason to make E14 :( Custommer politic same as google has, no reason to make what all we need.

About the app, no automatisation for Cam. Only for plugs. Why??? Not integrated correctly to google home to:

- to set home / away mode through google home routines / assistant
- to set private mode through google home / assistant
- to set no record for home mode in Tapo app
- to set night mode on sunset / or lower light change / or use Tapo app automatisation with sunset start (night color mode i so compressed on my camera)

+ record to mobile whole SD card video - not only minus fisrt 15 seconds - much prefered would be to download file to mobile (before someone connects it out)

++ what about switch to set auto-recording to local phone storage when opening alert?

Options