Motion detection whilst continuous recording

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Motion detection whilst continuous recording

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:Motion detection whilst continuous recording
2021-07-13 01:55:06

@jong yep, same scenario with our c210 cam...

Options
2021-08-26 14:43:54

@Icey_Icey_18 pls TPlink. It is just a very simple issue here. TPlink, Pls please please, we beg you, please add the orange highlight as we can recognise the motion part (orange color strip) of the whole continuous timeline (blue color strip)

Options
Re:Motion detection whilst continuous recording-Solution
2021-10-04 22:02:06 - last edited 2021-11-12 01:56:24

@BuzzGred 

Hi guys,

I have recently installed some Tapo cameras for indoor and outdoor use.

The recording on the Tapo app is working good for me. I am getting continuous recording and any movement is highlighted in orange in the time bar.

In the recording schedule, I have it as continuous recording, but then have motion detection turned on.

I've attached screen shots below if you guys want to try it yourselves.

I do have a couple issues/suggestions that TP-Link should definitely consider.

- The above only works with Away Mode. I can have the same settings in Home mode, but when I switch between the two modes, the configurations reset and Home mode reverts back to continuous recording without highlights. The activity zones also reset if I switch between modes which sucks. 

- In the Playback section, my outdoor cameras (C310 cameras) have a thumbnail when motion is detected and you can select the thumbnail to view the motion footage. The indoor cameras (C200 cameras) only have the orange bars on the time line so can take some time to toggle to the very start of the motion recording. 

- TP-Link should enable multiple settings in the app as would be handy to have a few ready to go according to circumstances.

*Indoor timeline

*Outdoor timeline

* Recording Schedule

*Motion dection turned on

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-02-08 17:50:46

@JTee mine was doing exactly as you said. Constantly recording and highlighting when there was activity but now it has stopped highlighting the activity even when there is and I don't know why? 

Options
2022-02-11 04:51:01 - last edited 2022-02-11 04:52:21

Hello @Nickymac 

I replied on your post here 

If any user experience same concern, please start a new thread here with model and case details so we could look into that further: 

You may attach the photo of APP-> Playback ; a photo of Motion Detection settings ; Activity zone ; Recording schedule settings, thank you

Options