tapo C200 firmware update keeps failing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

tapo C200 firmware update keeps failing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:tapo C200 firmware update keeps failing
2021-06-02 08:19:20

@Neildb 

Thank you very much for the feedback.

I could see the current firmware on Tapo C200 is 1.0.17 Build 201111 Rel.74534n(4555) and do you want to update to firmware 1.1.8?

What is your current Tapo APP version?

How about the model number as well as the operating system of your smartphone?

Options
2021-06-03 23:16:45

@Solla-topee 

I have no need to update the firmware as it's working fine but though it best to ensure future support / smooth working. 
app - 2.3.22

iPhone XS Max iOS 14.5

Options
2021-06-07 08:57:32

@Neildb Thank you for your reply. 
New Tapo APP was released recently, IOS -2.3.37 for now. 

Please go to APP store and update tapo app to the latest and see if tapo camera firmware can be upgraded successfully.

May I have a photo of the firmware update failed page & MAC address of that camera? 

Options
2022-01-11 14:10:19

I have two Tapo C200 cameras:

Camera 1: (Firmware Version 1.1.16, Hardware Version: 1.0) Purchased about more than a year ago is working perfectly fine and it has the latest update as far as the app can tell.

Camera 2: Purchased about a week ago started working ok out of the box (i.e. connected it to the wifi and recognised in the Tapo app). However after a firmware upgrade which accurred a couple of days ago it could not be accessed any more. It appears as "Camera Offline". I tried resetting thousand of times and it fails as well. I turned off temporarily the firewall in the router and rebotted the smartphone with no success either. All the lights in the camera are OFF. I cannot tell which firmware it has got as I cannot access the camera at all. If I keep refreshing the list of cameras while powering up I have a narrow window where the camera becomes online, but immediately affterwards goes dead and irresponsive again.

I am using Tapo Version 2.4.56 app running on an Android 11 phone.

Any ideas what else can I do to get Camera 2 working?

Many thanks

Options
2022-01-12 10:35:39

Hello @AndrusBP 

Sorry to hear about the experience,

- please try a factory reset on Tapo camera and see if the Signal Led flash amber and green or if camera broadcasts Tapo Camera_XX default SSID on the phones.

How to reset my Tapo camera

- try a different power cord for that camera and see if has any LED 

May I know were there any power outage during firmware update? If the issue persists despite the above steps, it sounds to be faulty, please contact local retailer or local customer service to check device warranty. 

Options