Temperature and Humidity sensor - wish feature

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-04 03:57:12 - last edited 2020-07-15 08:46:18

Hi,

I would be great if there was a Temperature and humidity sensor to compliment the kasa smart home. Using the app it would be easy to turn on the smart plugs as required. There are many disparate sensors out there, I just want to plug in an use the existing kasa plugs. 

Currently I have 4 x TP-Link KP303 Smart plug controlling 3 aquariums. And a HS110 to monitor consumption of power of heating pad. 

My next thought bubble is to control the temperature of my mini orchid greenhouse. 

please please please

Too manufacture a sensor would be very cheap, and thus profitable. It a really good fit with existing range of Internet of things. 

JD

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Temperature and Humidity sensor - wish feature -Solution
2020-07-15 08:45:57 - last edited 2020-07-15 08:46:18

@JDSYD2130 

Hello, thanks a lot for your valued suggestions.

Currently, there are not any plans to eventually develop a Temperature and humidity sensor but we do agree that these would be great products.

This will be forwarded to our developers for consideration. Thank you again for your feedback.

Recommended Solution
Options
24 Reply
Re:Temperature and Humidity sensor - wish feature -Solution
2020-07-15 08:45:57 - last edited 2020-07-15 08:46:18

@JDSYD2130 

Hello, thanks a lot for your valued suggestions.

Currently, there are not any plans to eventually develop a Temperature and humidity sensor but we do agree that these would be great products.

This will be forwarded to our developers for consideration. Thank you again for your feedback.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Temperature and Humidity sensor - wish feature
2020-07-18 04:38:27

@Brook 

I really think with the temperature and humidity functionality your company can corner the market. If you look at the current market this part is missing. Switching plug or settings lights is great, but you can do so much more. The only alternative for me is to invest in complex centrally home automation. The Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning market is massive. Get into the market when there is no competition. Your Sales department should do the sums, your developers can do anything but they don't sell. 

Once Someone like me started using other parts from other vendors, it is easy to switch. Hold your customers by providing the missing parts. The KASA product are great, I don't want to use anything else, but I have no choice. The sensibo controller is good, but it only has a single function, to turn on a aircon. Cheap to make therefore profitable, that is the business you in. 

just do it, you will be the hero

jd

Options
2020-10-04 18:30:13
Totally agree! Impossible why they not take up this idea!
Options
2020-10-04 18:30:51
Impossible to understand ...
Options
2020-12-10 21:51:40

@Brook 

I really would rather have the Kasa version of this (you can find it on Amazon):

YoLink Smart Wireless Temperature & Humidity Sensor, Wide Temp Range (-22 to 158 Degree) for Freezer, Fridge, Green House, Pet Cage Monitoring, Smartphone Alerts, Works w/Alexa IFTTT -Hub Required

Unfirtunately, you probably won't make one of these until I have already purchased the YoLink product.

But it would've been great had you already had this in your product list.

Options
2020-12-17 15:52:33

@JDSYD2130

I, too have been wishing for a temperature/humidity sensor from TP-Link/Kasa. Sonoff has the TH16 with sensors, but Alexa only recognizes the switch and not the sensor itself. Other people have suggested using other brands, but the point here, is to have one app that does it all. Almost all of my devices are from TP-Link and have a few Sonoff switches and plugs and the Kasa plugs and switches are far more reliable and more user friendly than the Sonoff devices. So, please TP-Link, develop a Kasa temperature/humidity sensor. It would be a great addittion to the great products you already have. THANK YOU.

Options
2020-12-24 00:28:36

@Brook

Any changes with the plans here?

If not developing it directly, what about plans to allow 3rd party products that can be recognized on your platform?

I agree with others here. Home automation is only as good as the inputs/outputs available. You have a universal output with your outlets, so well covered there, but only switches and a mobile app (which only enables time and 'scenes') for inputs. It is very limited.

If not direct, and not 3rd party hardware, how about the ability to tie into a 3rd party weather app with the programming environment so we could at least drive some automation based on local temps?

Options
2020-12-24 10:16:06

@Brook Hello.

Just an idea to improve further:

Add functionality in app that allows to turn on specific wifi outlets on a specific temperature or humidity range.

This along with the temperature humidity wifi sensor would boost sales enormously !

Options
2021-01-10 16:48:32
I'm looking for one for my shed. Don't want to go out there if it's too cold inside. Need a sensor
Options
2021-01-10 17:53:12

@Armus 

Doesn't look like tp-link will have a temperature/humidity sensor anytime soon. You're better off getting the Sonoff TH16 with SI7021 available at Amazon. I have 2 of these units and monitor 2 rooms with space heater plugged into it. You do have to terminate the units with a plug and a socket to be able to use it as a switch for a heater or fan, etc. to turn it on/off. I hope this helps.

Options

Information

Helpful: 36

Views: 15571

Replies: 24