Temperature and Humidity sensor - wish feature

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Temperature and Humidity sensor - wish feature

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
24 Reply
Re:Temperature and Humidity sensor - wish feature
2021-04-07 15:13:05
Options
2021-04-07 15:15:51
Just wanted to share my support for this idea! I’ve just purchased some smart plugs to control my reptile lamps and am very impressed with how it all runs off the app, so much better than ones I’ve previously used. I can imagine there would be a very big market for hygrometer thermometers that run of the same app, I certainly know a lot of people in the herp hobby who would be interested in them. Please make this a future project TP link 🙏
Options
2021-08-04 12:27:30
I agree, a Tapo temperature and humidity sensor would be a great product. Or a plug with embebbed sensor.
Options
2021-08-08 15:32:55

We have a small greenhouse in our basement.  The Kasa smart power strip controls the lights, fans, humidifier, etc.  We would really appreciate this sensor if it existed.

Options
2021-09-07 10:59:59

@Brook 

If there are no plans for a Temp/Humidity sensor, how about adding into the app the ability pull weather info from the location of the device, which is provided at setup and I believe synced on a regular basis, and turn the Smart Plugs and/or Smart Switches on/off based user defined parameters based on that weather info?  The temp/humidity would not be exact but it would be close enough to operate outdoor lights, fans, heaters, etc.  Of course it would not work for more precise needs such as grow rooms, greenhouses, etc.  

Options
2021-10-27 08:11:50
As soon as you would launch a temp&humidity sensor the next second I can move on from my current zwave solution I have and get my entire home automation on tplink products (which are much more stable than zwave products in my experience). So please, please do it :)
Options
2021-11-30 03:37:05

@Brook please consider, need temp sensor product to work with my other TP link prod

Options
2021-12-22 18:44:06

I need a remote temperature sensor too!

I have multiple TP-Link Kasa smart power strips and they work great.   A remote temp sensor would be a great addition!

Options
2021-12-28 19:32:59

@Tursiops this is what I want! I'm made a DIY hummingbird feeder heater that is wired to a KASA smart plug. I want to incorporate remote temperature monitoring so I can get the KASA plug to turn off the heat source or turn on the heat source within certain temperature parameters. So far I'm very pleased with my KASA plugs and app, would be nice not to have more apps from a different brand.

Options
2021-12-29 00:31:20

@_Red_ what a wonderful use of technology. 

Options