tapo c200 notifications not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

tapo c200 notifications not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
39 Reply
Re:tapo c200 notifications not working
2021-06-07 07:58:12

Hello, I have the same problem. With me, the envelope is always empty. I turned on motion detection and notification options. I've already tested the auto restart tip.

The movement is recognized in the time axis and also displayed there. But there is no notification on any of my devices.

Options
2021-06-07 08:24:14
@P4tr1ck Please give more detail. What Phone / OS / 4G Network Provider ? Is the same issue when you are using your WiFi or just Data, or Both ? "".The Movement is recognized in the time axis"""".......can you play back from the app the sd saves ? Is it Saving to the SD card ? After ANY /ALL Camera Firmware and APP Update, it is Best to reboot both camera And Phone. I also once rebooted camera re FORMAT the SD card.
Options
2021-06-07 08:35:19

@TapoUserNum448 

It worked without any problems for a few weeks at the beginning. As of recently, none of my devices work:

Google Pixel 4 XL - Latest version
Oppo Find X3 Pro - Latest version
(both Android 11)
ulefone Armor X7 - Android 10
Android tablet 10 inch - Android 6

I can look at the recordings in the timeline. The videos will also play.

It doesn't matter what network I'm on. The envelope is always empty. Regardless of whether it is 4G, 5G or WiFi. There are just no more notifications.

Options
2021-06-07 08:48:38 - last edited 2021-06-07 08:49:50

@P4tr1ck Hello, 

Thank you for your reply, we'd like to follow up your case via email to better analyze the issue, please check your inbox,  and let us know if the issue is resolved. Thank you!

Options
2021-06-07 09:21:11

@P4tr1ck 

P4tr1ck wrote

@TapoUserNum448 

It worked without any problems for a few weeks at the beginning. As of recently, none of my devices work:

Google Pixel 4 XL - Latest version
Oppo Find X3 Pro - Latest version
(both Android 11)
ulefone Armor X7 - Android 10
Android tablet 10 inch - Android 6

I can look at the recordings in the timeline. The videos will also play.

It doesn't matter what network I'm on. The envelope is always empty. Regardless of whether it is 4G, 5G or WiFi. There are just no more notifications.

With your varied devices, I would not expect the same scenario across all of them.   unless........

I might suggest it's something with your Router, I don't know what exactly, [firewall / exception device rules] something there maybe. 

Has one app changed it's 'Home and Away' mode ?

I wonder then if it is worth choosing one device as your Main for now, to un-install completely the app [clearing the cache & stored data first]  and then installing a fresh copy of the Tapo app and resetting the camera totally, >>> like a new fresh install from day one<<<. then add other devices after all is working.

Options
2021-07-03 08:22:26

@Solla-topee 

I encountered the same issue but with my tapo C100. This happened after the latest firmware update. Notifications only work for a couple of minutes after a reboot of the system than they stop. Settings are as per your instructions.

Can we downgrade the firmware? Would a factory reset of the c100 downgrade the firmware?

Best Regards

Options
2021-07-06 10:05:09 - last edited 2021-07-06 10:07:52

@Drew31 

From the cloud platform,the Tapo C100 is currently offline . You could reboot main router & tapo camera and see if Tapo could be online first. 

Make sure Tapo camera could is still accessible when mobile phone is not connected to the home wifi ( disconnect from home wifi on the phone and try mobile data / outside wireless network ) If still the same issue, you could try a factory reset on camera by pressing the reset button for more than 5 secs and add it back in Tapo app.

If still the same issue, can you share the log of camera as the instruction on page one ? May I know the model of your router, the model of phone and its Android or IOS version? Thank you. 

Options
2021-08-06 23:53:40 - last edited 2021-08-07 00:04:14

I am also having this issue with my C100 following firmware update 1.1.9.

My phone and the camera are both configured correctly, yet I do not receive any notifications at all, neither push nor in-app. I have tried resetting the camera several times using both the app and the reset button. Just like everyone else who has reported this, the motion detection itself is still working (alarm and recording work) but the notifications do not.

UPDATE: It seems that you must enable notifications for BOTH Home mode and Away mode for notifications to work, even with detection is disabled for one of them. I have dection and notifications enabled for only Away mode, but I decided to try enabling notifications for home mode too on the off-chance it may work. Lo and behold, notifications immediately started working in Away mode again.

What is the point in having a notification toggle for both modes if disabling it for one mode will prevent the other mode from sending them? Just make it a single setting.

Options
2021-08-07 13:12:09

My c-200 stopped sending notifications to my phone this week. Could the reason be the iPhone update to iOS14.7.1? And what to do if the motion detection messages do not show up in message center anymore?

Options