Votes

Tapo camera view/control via PC ( windows 10) HELP

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Viewing Tapo C200 through Windows 10 PC. Please vote on the main thread.

Votes

Tapo camera view/control via PC ( windows 10) HELP

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Viewing Tapo C200 through Windows 10 PC. Please vote on the main thread.
68 Reply
Re:Tapo camera view/control via PC ( windows 10) HELP
2023-02-01 16:23:31

Richard_T123 wrote

Im πραγματικά αγωνίζονται να βρουν το λογισμικό των Windows για τον έλεγχο και την προβολή ενός πρόσφατα puchased την κάμερα tapo, αγόρασα αυτή τη φωτογραφική μηχανή για να αντικαταστήσει μια παλαιότερη κάμερα Vstar που συνέχισε να επαναρυθμίζεται (μεταξύ άλλων) και ότι το χρησιμοποιημένο λογισμικό που ονομάζεται Eye4 που είχε λογισμικό υπολογιστή των Windows, καθώς και λογισμικό για συσκευές Android / Apple, iove διαβάστε εδώ ότι πρέπει να πληρώσετε € 350 για compatable λογισμικό???

Εάν συμβαίνει αυτό, τότε δεν θα έχω toher optoin από το να επιστρέψω τη συσκευή

@Richard_T123 

Options
2023-02-20 16:34:42

@Richard_T123  I wish i'd seen this forum before I purchased this useless Tapo camera.

Options
2023-02-20 20:42:59

@Rosebud58

If you have recently or just purchased it, send it back

Options
2023-03-19 15:21:47

@Brook 

Hello,

are there plans for software for the PC as this would make life much easier especially when using multiple cameras?

Thanks

Lee

Options
2023-04-06 06:50:41
Options
2023-04-06 06:51:02

Richard_T123 wrote

Im realy struggling to find the windows software to control and view a recently puchased the tapo camera, i purchased this camera to replace an older Vstar camera that kept re-setting itself ( amongst other things) and that used software called Eye4 which had Windows  pc software, as well as software for android/apple devices, iove read on here that you need to pay €350 for compatable software???

if this is the case then i will have no toher optoin than to return the device

@Richard_T123 

Options
2023-04-06 08:43:37 - last edited 2023-04-06 09:18:13

*** POSSIBLE SOLUTION ***

I have found a way that works in Windows

I have found OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) to work best. This software can record to your hard drive from multiple sources, is free and has many options. It is also popular, so you can find tutorials on Youtube if you need those. You can also have multiple cameras and combine them in one video and freely choose how that looks.

There are a few things you need to know:

- The IP address of your camera. For instance: 192.168.192.120. This is different for anyone. You can probably find the number in the settings from your router. This address is given by your router and not fixed in the camera. So if you get a new router, the address is new. It may also change after a power blackout, however with me it didn't. So if your camera stops working at any time, check the IP address again in your router settings.

- Furthermore your camera has a login and password. This can be set in the TP-Link mobile APP. This is NOT the same as your TP-Link account for the TP-Link website and forum! The login and password for your camera is, as I understand it, locally stored in the camera.

Then combine this information in an URL like:
rtsp://loginname:password@192.168.192.120:554/stream1
Replace 'loginname' and 'password' with your information (see above, not the same as your TP-Link account). And replace '192.168.192.120' with the IP address of your camera.

With this URL you can setup the camera in OBS. In the lower part of the screen there is 'sources'. Click on plus and then add 'Media Source'. There deselect 'local file' and insert the URL starting with rtsp:// as the 'input'. I have the software in another language, so my translation of the software can be off. The 'input' should be right beneath 'Network buffering'.

It's a bit more difficult then it should, but now I have a good working camera.

Options
2023-04-12 00:36:59

@Richard_T123 it hooked up thru my Alexa app

Richard_T123 wrote

Im realy struggling to find the windows software to control and view a recently puchased the tapo camera, i purchased this camera to replace an older Vstar camera that kept re-setting itself ( amongst other things) and that used software called Eye4 which had Windows  pc software, as well as software for android/apple devices, iove read on here that you need to pay €350 for compatable software???

if this is the case then i will have no toher optoin than to return the device

Options
2023-05-18 14:28:51
Options
2023-08-21 02:14:57
Options