Tapo C200 not working after firmware update to 1.0.14

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo C200 not working after firmware update to 1.0.14

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
25 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 not working after firmware update to 1.0.14
2021-08-19 09:30:23

@max83 Thanks for the further information, you could try to contact local support  Hotline or Email to check warranty with the forum information: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options
2022-01-20 23:16:05

I also upgraded the firmware of the newly bought C200 and now its not working anymore.. What a trash product. It just keep rotating for 6 hrs after I click the firmware upgrade. I factory reset and does nothing. Unplug and plug and still the same..  Shitty firmware. 

Options
Re:Tapo C200 not working after firmware update to 1.0.14-Solution
2022-01-21 02:15:07 - last edited 2022-01-21 02:36:32

@max83  Hello everyone, 

If the Tapo C200 camera got a firmware update failure, make sure you have tried to factory reset the camera with camera powered on, check if camera still responds to a factory reset , or if the camera still broadcasts the Tapo Camera _XXX default SSID,  or if the  LED flashes amber and green.

How to reset my Tapo camera

If factory reset does not help, please contact the retailer or local support to check device warranty.

When contact local support or retailer, you may attach 1. the problem description with device model and hardware version 2.  Led status on camera 3.  if there was any power outage /power disconnection that  interrupts firmware update4. the proof of purchase and SN , so they could deal with your case faster. Thank you. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-01-21 03:38:58

@Solla-topee 

So we buy a shitty product just to contact your local support. Why not fixed that shitty firmware of delete that goddamn firmware in your website until it is ready for update. Let your Engrs work on it fast. It has already a history of problems and yet nothing was done.  We spend our hard earned money to have this problem whereas we should be a safe and sound mind cos we have a security camera. Now we a problem and a camera that is not working. FML

Options
2022-01-21 09:42:09 - last edited 2022-01-21 11:00:52

Hello @Dawnwizard 

May I know the model & hardware version of your Tapo device?  I agree the camera should be sound and secure. Except for cases that camera firmware update failed caused by power disconnection or some unexpected external reasons, we are investigating about what could be the other causes, we have some cases collected for analysis and will be continuing to optimize this part. 

So far it is recommend to get camera replaced from retailer under warranty if factory reset on Tapo C200 does not help. Thank you for your understanding. 

Options
Related Articles