Tapo stays in red light and offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo stays in red light and offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:Tapo stays in red light and offline
2021-07-02 09:30:08

@Solla-topee same result

when I reset or re plug all LED light is on, but the green light is not coming for pairs 

Options
2021-07-02 09:32:33

@Manuelito 

same problem to me

pls help

Options
Re:Tapo stays in red light and offline-Solution
2021-07-02 09:42:10 - last edited 2022-07-19 02:54:08

@Biddut123  Hello, 

With camera powered on, press the reset button for more than 5 secs and see Led blinks Red. Wait for 2 mins and check if the system Led is flashing Red and Green. 

Or if Camera responds to factory reset with voice message like"  Reset was done ' 

If the system led is Solid Red, it could be a hardware issue on camera, may I know was there any firmware update failure/ power outage/thunder causing this problem? 

It is recommended to contact retailer or local support to check device warranty. 

Hope this could help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-07-02 11:43:13

@Biddut123 

Don't waste  your time. It will not work anymore. Rather buy some other manufacturer.

Options
2021-07-03 13:19:13

Tp link attempted to bribe me after I submitted the comment below (in speech marks). I am severely disabled, and the way tp - link, is ( I hate to use the word) disgustingly. They bribed me to take down my  ( truthful comments, by offering me goods, and when I removed my comments, they emailed to say "we don't believe you are disabled, show us medical records", which is a breach of the data protection act for a start, not to mention harassment by one of their sickeningly malicious customer service agents named Mei Lu, I have submitted a formal complaint, and consulting my solicitor, to find out course of action to take against these corporate tyrants!

"Bought C100, it worked for five minutes, now it's stuck in red light mode permanently, which evidently is the biggest problem faced by everyone, and frankly the pathetic answer provided to "disable parental controls, firewall, etc, remove plugs, reboot, reset, move device closer, move device around", is just a quick dismissive answer, which obviously isn't working with 99% of users. The company is evidently refusing to face more widespread problem with thousands of these C100's and C200's. I'm going to email the company and if they can't give me instructions to overcome its being returned to the shop, which for is entirely out of my way, and a major inconvenience...remind me never to buy from this company again".

Options
2021-07-05 04:29:08

@Stevens Hello, 

We do understand your frustrations and we really wish that we could accommodate you, however sending back the faulty product is required to get a replacement according to our RMA policy.  As one of the RMA procedures  ' Return defective product and Receive Replacement' is expressly stated in the local RMA policy below: 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/replacement-warranty/ 

Besides, I can't quite agree with saying about ' widespread issue with thousands of ' cameras nor there is any known quality issue regarding tapo cameras. For your camera stuck in red, it could be small probability event and our team would like to collect the sample back for some further analysis. For your convenience to ship the faulty unit back, it is recommended to negotiate with local  team and see if they have any door to door pick up service.

Your understanding is much appreciated. 

Options
2021-07-05 05:55:37

@Solla-topee 

Regardless of what you have wrote, I have sent you the email evidence which proves you customer service agent promised me an alternative camera and a smart plug, because of the hardship involved in picking up the original camera, given I am severely disabled, but when I removed the negative comments, your customer service agent became abusive, and beached the data protection act by demanding I show her medical records confirming my disability. Do you not see how sick your colleagues are!? 

In any case, you freely admit the C100 wifi security camera is a mass produced malfunctioning product, but rather than recall the products you let the public go on buying your faulty goods, because you didn't want to pay the recall costs, which any member of the public will agree is fraudulent, and criminal conduct. 

Options
Related Articles