Kasa devices and Home Assistant - Integration now broken due to firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa devices and Home Assistant - Integration now broken due to firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
86 Reply
Re:Kasa devices and Home Assistant - Integration now broken due to firmware update
2021-06-26 19:52:20

just talked to their online support people.... she claimed that it works as long as you have the devices in the Kasa App..... I can confirm that this is not the case and none of the devices show up in Home Assistant. 

TP-Link you seriously need to fix this and give us the API back. I thought it was fixed and just bought 10 more switches.... I regret that choice

Options
Re:Kasa devices and Home Assistant - Integration now broken due to firmware update
2021-06-29 09:57:43 - last edited 2021-06-29 10:13:40

@GuitarSkater  Hello, 

Only  HS100/HS110(UK) V4 Firmware 1.1.0   updated the local authentication, other models and other country versions are not affected.

If your device is not HS100/HS110 UK V4,for the third party software control, it is recommended to seek some help from Home Assistant forum. 

If your device  is HS100/HS110 UK V4, please check the statement here:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/239364

As new API is still under development, whether Home Assistant Integration will be supported in future is still unknown and need to be tested when new firmware is released.  

Options
2021-06-29 15:36:10 - last edited 2021-06-29 15:36:45

@Solla-topee 

I currently have 6x HS200 running HW Ver: 3.0 and Firmware: 1.1.5

I also have 2x KP400 running HW Ver: 2.0 and Firmware: 1.0.6

These devices were previously connected in Home Assistant but stopped working a while back. Any advice or resolution would be greatly appreciated.

***All are US Versions***

Options
2021-06-30 01:32:54

@GuitarSkater  Hello, 

Home Assistant is open source third party software ( not one of tp-link official partners), as much as we’d love to help, HA integration issue is beyond what we’re able to do for customers.  It is recommended to seek help or refer to other HA users experience from Home Assistant forum:

https://www.home-assistant.io/help/

Your understanding is much appreciated. 

Options
2021-07-05 04:20:51
I just loaded the latest hassos and my hs200, hs105 and hs103 all work in HA but sometimes disappear or are slow to respond after a firmware update. This is happing in the app as well, however hs103 v5 is quick and stable.
Options
2021-07-06 08:57:13 - last edited 2021-07-06 09:16:13

@johnsnow88  Thank you for your feedback, for Home Assistant integration issue, it is recommended to seek for more professional suggestions from Home Assistant forum / channels : 

https://www.home-assistant.io/help/

Options
2021-08-10 06:37:04

@Solla-topee 

Hi. I never noticed these posts, my plugs have been working fine as I guessed I never updated them. 5 x HS110 UK. I see now there was a deadline for beta firmware. Does this mean my plugs are now useless to me?

I also have a number of KP115 UK plugs. Why are these treated differently? Is there a possibility that these plugs will also be rendered useless with Home Assistant in the future in a similar fashion to the HS110's?

Thanks

Options
2021-08-10 13:33:12

@thebatfink  Our team is still trying to optimize the way to share the API and at the same time upgrade the plug security.

Currently the beta firmware pushing has stopped, for HS110 /HS100 (UK V4 Firmware version 1.1.0 and later only * other models/ hardware versions / country versions are not affected) you could share the MAC address to us by private message, and we would record your feedback for further evaluation,

Thanks for your understanding.

Options
2021-08-10 20:20:11

@Solla-topee 

Solla-topee wrote

@thebatfink  Our team is still trying to optimize the way to share the API and at the same time upgrade the plug security.

Currently the beta firmware pushing has stopped, for HS110 /HS100 (UK V4 Firmware version 1.1.0 and later only * other models/ hardware versions / country versions are not affected) you could share the MAC address to us by private message, and we would record your feedback for further evaluation,

Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks so much for replying back to the community on this.

Local API control is very important to us and the majority of us much prefer TP-Link's Wi-Fi products vs Zwave or Zigbee.

Options
2021-08-15 01:50:41 - last edited 2021-08-15 01:51:34

I found that TP-link is not allowing local API after sending them MAC addresses anymore. They pretty much said 'look for github solutions'. I couldn't find anything that would work straight out of the box so I created my own repo. For anyone having the same issues you can check it out here:

https://github.com/michalmoczynski/homeassistant-tplink-integration

it's not local API - still using Kasa Cloud, but better than nothing.

More devices types will be added soon.

Options
Related Articles