Kasa devices and Home Assistant - Integration now broken due to firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa devices and Home Assistant - Integration now broken due to firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
86 Reply
Re:Kasa devices and Home Assistant - Integration now broken due to firmware update
2021-08-15 01:54:34

MikeMM wrote

I found that TP-link is not allowing local API after sending them MAC addresses anymore. They pretty much said 'look for github solutions'. I couldn't find anything that would work straight out of the box so I created my own repo. For anyone having the same issues you can check it out here:

https://github.com/michalmoczynski/homeassistant-tplink-integration

it's not local API - still using Kasa Cloud, but better than nothing.

More devices types will be added soon.

@MikeMM Awesome work on this! How is the latency vs the local API?

Options
Re:Kasa devices and Home Assistant - Integration now broken due to firmware update
2021-08-15 07:14:01 - last edited 2021-08-15 07:14:48

@WirelessForEver unfortunately I have never had a chance to use a local API, as I only migrated to HA recently. For me it's 1s-1.5s delay between the request in HA and the light reaction. That may be longer if the token is out of date and needs to be requested as that's an extra call, but I will most likely automate refreshing the token.

It's also pretty early stage of the project (altho it is working pretty well so far) so there may be some updates to it.

Options
2021-09-30 04:52:07

@MikeMM 

There has been some progress made on supporting the new protocol here:

https://github.com/python-kasa/python-kasa/issues/115

Options
2021-11-13 10:54:47

@Brook 

can you please also send me downgrade firmware of HS300? Thanks.

I've upgrade my HS300 to newest firmware and can not communictae with home assistant. It bothers me.

Options
2021-11-17 11:12:28 - last edited 2021-11-17 11:12:44

Hello@monkchou HS110/HS100 UK V4 are the only models being affected so far, as statement here. Can you still control HS300 on Kasa APP in local network, and control HS300 when mobile phone is on LTE mobile network or non-local Wi-Fi? Please confirm HS300 is still working in Kasa app, then you could add it again in HA. I suggest that you could navigate in Home Assistant forum for some further help. 

Options
2021-12-04 16:08:38

@roryd I am in this exact situation.  I just bought from ebay a few devices of which some had the v1.1.0 firmware :(

Options
Related Articles